Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm and locking

Steve Whits

Not noticed this before but if I unlock the car using the fob and then open the boot to put the dog in, if I take my time doing other things without closing the boot the doors lock and alarm sounds. Closing the boot also sets the alarm off.

If you unlock via fob and don't open any of the doors for 30 seconds, the car auto locks itself.

I guess they put it as a feature if you open/close boot only and don't enter for 30 seconds, it auto locks, as people often just get stuff out, but dont use the car.

Cheers I think the 30 seconds can be extended in setup having looked at the manual. I think someone had done this before but I disconnected the Battery and probably reset it to 30 seconds

hi my alarm on my corolla verso 07 plate wont lock or unlock using remote although the red light shows on the fob 

Smart key (keyless entry/stop start button) or normal ?

Not sure if this was changed on later models, but on both our Auris and Avensis opening the boot prevents the doors from auto-locking. If the car is trying to lock itself with the boot still open I wonder if the boot lock/switch is faulty? Does the boot show as open on the dash display? 

When the boots open it does show open on the dash