Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Hybrid (UK) Full Closure

bewA

Whilst waiting on my delivery i'm just wondering if something exists that enables full closure (i think that's the right term), which is when unlocking the car from the fob a press and hold will put down all the windows?

I may have read something in a random comment in the rav4 forum (new rav4) where the dealer was able to enable it.

Don't worry i know rav4's and carolla's are two very different cars and just because you can do it on one doesn't mean you can do it on another 😄

Global open/close

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Global open/close

thanks, does that mean it does it already, or needs to be enabled by the dealer or not possible? 🙂

Just confirmation of what the feature is commonly called. Don't know whether the Corolla has this.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just confirmation of what the feature is commonly called. Don't know whether the Corolla has this.

thanks muchly! 🙂

After reading the manual again i found on Pg 143 that it's a customisable option...

-A- Locks the doors (P.145)
-B- Closes the windows*1 and panoramic moon roof *1, 2 (P.145)
-C- Unlocks the doors (P.145)
-D- Opens the windows*1 and panoramic moon roof *1, 2 (P.145)
-E- Opens and closes the power back door *2 (P.152)
*1: This setting must be customized at any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer.
*2: If equipped

The letters refer to a diagram, so i'm guessing B & D when enabled refer to long presses

image.thumb.png.17eec13a326f632c4e46b5b702830984.png

• 4 weeks later...

I asked my dealer only yesterday if they could enable the window function on the remote, as stated in the manual... I was told no. This is not an option in the UK. 🙁

The remote for the Design only has the two top buttons by the way, not the rear hatch button.

4 minutes ago, Velvet--Glove said:

I asked my dealer only yesterday if they could enable the window function on the remote, as stated in the manual... I was told no. This is not an option in the UK. 🙁

The remote for the Design only has the two top buttons by the way, not the rear hatch button.

I wasn't expecting the rear hatch to be powered, it's only powered on the touring sport anyway.

my dealer has gone quiet so i suspect they will just say no.  It's a nice to have (i don't have it on my current car) but i won't lose sleep over it.

A bit late to this thread but it was warm a few days back and I thought as I walk up to the car I would open the windows by keeping unlock held down (worked on my other cars) and nothing happened...so its a no. I have the hybrid hatchback.

No harm in asking, though, is there, Si? I would be very interested to hear whether you get the same response regarding this alleged dealer "customization".

I wasn't expecting a powered hatch either, it was just that the remote image you posted above doesn't match reality, it's just two very simple buttons to lock/unlock the doors. 😉 

I had the auto close/open all windows on my last car (via the key in the door lock, though, not the remote) and it was useful on occasion. A couple of times with the Corolla I've turned off the ignition/hybrid system only to realise I had a couple of windows cracked open for ventilation. You then have to switch the vehicle on again just to close them. It would help if you could do that in the minute or so before locking the car but unfortunately that's not the case. Oh well, it's no biggie.

8 minutes ago, Velvet--Glove said:

No harm in asking, though, is there, Si? I would be very interested to hear whether you get the same response regarding this alleged dealer "customization".

I wasn't expecting a powered hatch either, it was just that the remote image you posted above doesn't match reality, it's just two very simple buttons to lock/unlock the doors. 😉 

I had the auto close/open all windows on my last car (via the key in the door lock, though, not the remote) and it was useful on occasion. A couple of times with the Corolla I've turned off the ignition/hybrid system only to realise I had a couple of windows cracked open for ventilation. You then have to switch the vehicle on again just to close them. It would help if you could do that in the minute or so before locking the car but unfortunately that's not the case. Oh well, it's no biggie.

not at all!  I'm hoping for some news before or when i pick up my Corolla on Saturday morning!

Global closure can be set on Corolla it does however have to be done by a dealer, 

Picked up my Corolla Design yesterday, and as requested the dealer had enabled it during the PDI 😎

Then we proceeded to lock and unlock the car 5 times with the windows going up and down 😄

Edited by bewA
can't even type

Thanks for that confirmation, Si. I shall have to have words with my dealer, then... 😕