Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying used 3gen or leasing used 4gen

lovec1990

Greetings firstly i apologise for necroposting.

i simply want too update what is going on with my Prius buying project:

I did do more researching into Priuses plus with relatives suggestions i even looked into EV cars, but somehow i was drawn back too gen 4 Prius so im now dead set on Gen 4 being my primary choice, but i have still the issue of seeing gen 4 in person so i have a question:

Those who sat in or test driven new corolla how does its visibility foward and sideways compares too Gen4 Prius and Is Gen 4s seating position diffrent from corolla and if it is how diffrent it is im asking this becouse i had a chance too sit in Corolla?

Depends which version of the Corolla you're considering - hatchback, saloon (sedan), or Touring Sport (estate).

well i sat in Touring Sport (estate) version but is seating position and visibility foward and sideways diffrent between versions?.

Seating position and forward visibility will be the same, but rear side and rear visibility will be different.

^^thanks you were comparing Corolla versions right do you know how Corolla TS compares with Gen4 Prius in visibility foward and sideways and seating position diffrence?

Seating position and visibility in both vehicles very similar plus there are reversing cameras in both so there should be no issues. Corolla TS  and saloon might have a little bit of extra headroom on the rear seats but prius has extra bit of headroom on the front, plus feels larger due to the interior designs difference, Prius more like Tesla open space where Corolla more like bmw dash closer and more around the driver that gives you a sportier feeling. Just pop up in any Toyota dealer who have them in showroom, spent some time seating in both and you will see the difference. 

^^ Corolla had if you ask me kinda poor foward visibility becouse hood was too high and was limiting foward visibility while sideways visibility was great, but this may be becouse seat were in lowest position im simply vorried Prius also has high hood

When I am sat in my Gen4 Prius I cannot see any of the Bonnet (Hood), and when you see the bonnet profile from the side of the vehicle it is easy to understand.

well its not an issue seeing bonnet or not it was that everything bonnet and dashboard were too high perhaps rising seat would help. even with my current yaris i cannot see the bonnet 

Perhaps I not understanding your question.

The bonnet slopes away so it is not seen, the seat can be adjusted up and down. Some people like sitting in a car (that’s low), others like sitting on top of a car (that’s high). I am happy with the view I get of the road ahead, no problems. 

Let me try too explain: bonnet and dashboard were too high(it could be that seats were at lowest setting) so i could in no way predict where car nose ends. I suspect prius may be better becouse of diffrent dashboard design

In a prius, there is no way I can see that you could see anywhere near the front of the car, except by sticking vertical "sticks"at the two "corners". You know, though, its about 6 foot in front of where you sat. My Prius Excel has front beepers anyway, which work like the rears and warn you when you getting near an object.

The same when both wife and I had around year 2010 Yaris Mk2, couldnt really see any of the bonnet, but we knew where it was.

thanks i will have too get used too it but im getting advices to rather wait for new Yaris becouse im used too small cars yet i still like gen4 Prius

On 10/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, Catlover said:

In a prius, there is no way I can see that you could see anywhere near the front of the car, except by sticking vertical "sticks"at the two "corners".

Corner poles (or "fender poles") are a common aftermarket accessory for cars in Japan, but only one on the nearside so wouldn't be much use for LHD:

http://www.keiyo-parts.co.jp/toyota_prius_fender_pole.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, Catlover said:

In a prius, there is no way I can see that you could see anywhere near the front of the car, except by sticking vertical "sticks"at the two "corners". You know, though, its about 6 foot in front of where you sat. My Prius Excel has front beepers anyway, which work like the rears and warn you when you getting near an object.

The same when both wife and I had around year 2010 Yaris Mk2, couldnt really see any of the bonnet, but we knew where it was.

But you can hear it, beep.... beep... beep.. beep.beep.beep.beep. 😉

• 2 months later...

You will quickly get used to the Prius.  And i think if you go for anything else you will regret not having Prius!  Check carefully the length and width - often in reality it is only 40-50 mm width difference and maybe 90-100mm length - have you ever been so close to something that this figure would really make a difference? It is usually just how it feels, not how it really is!  Enjoy