Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping from TNS510 to B9012 audio MP3 DAB HDD SAT NAV

jamescokell

Hi All,

I Just purchased a 2011 Avensis TR Tourer 1.8 V-matic M-Drive S. It has the stock TNS510 and i was thinking about swapping it out for the AUDIO MP3 DAB HDD SAT NAV 2011 B9012. Has anyone on here done this? I have a rear camera on the car and have been advised by Toyota that the cabling isn't a straight swap, again anyone have experience of that? is it an easy fix? opinions appreciated. 

James

• 3 weeks later...

Havent tried this myself...but I'm quite familiar with both units...and after checking...I can see there are at least two plugs that differ...but i cant remember what they are used for...sorry.

don't think that I would go with the HDD version as iirc only Toyota dealers can udate the satnav maps whereas all the others with removable media or updated via USB memory stick can be done by the user.

In my mind...the OP had already bought it...but rereading it now...i see that this is not the case 🙂 I have to agree with Heidfirst on this...as going down the aftermarket route should be considered 🙂

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, jamescokell said:

Hi All,

I Just purchased a 2011 Avensis TR Tourer 1.8 V-matic M-Drive S. It has the stock TNS510 and i was thinking about swapping it out for the AUDIO MP3 DAB HDD SAT NAV 2011 B9012. Has anyone on here done this? I have a rear camera on the car and have been advised by Toyota that the cabling isn't a straight swap, again anyone have experience of that? is it an easy fix? opinions appreciated. 

James

Can i buy your TNS510 whole set??