Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight out under braking

CoopsnNZ

Hi all. Has anyone had any issues with a passenger side headlight going out under medium to heavy braking? 

It turns on and off fine and works whilst first driving, but goes out under braking every day. Have checked all fuses etc and everything appears to be normal. Mechanic has had a look with no luck. Auto sparky next maybe?

Drivers headlight has no issues.

Cheers.

Have you tried changing  the bulb in case there is a problem with the filament parting company with the electrodes ?

Even if the bulb seems ok, i'd switch them around, and see if does the same on the other side, or you can just switch the bulb altogether, they are cheap enough.

Hi, I fixed a similar problem to this a few years ago, have you recently changed/replaced any bulb at all front or rear on the car for a new one?

Regards, Mike.

Have not changed the bulb as yet. Just a massive pain in the butt to get to so have been putting it off. 

No other lights have been done either as I've only had the car since February. 

Will try all suggestions over the coming weekend and let you know how I get on. 

Cheers. 

I also have the 1st gen, and it's basically 2 screws (size 10 spanner), 1 connector and whole thing pops out.

5 min job including replacing bulb and !Removed! it back in, already had it out 2-3 times so far due to some leaks there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links