Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bying a 2004 Avensis 1.8

johnny09

Hello,

thinking of Toyota Avensis 2004 1.8 gasoline/lpg automatic gearbox.

Vin - SB1ER56L30E072473

Motor - 1ZZFE

Model code - ZZT251

Generation - II

Millage- 310 000km  

Visual and in papers everything's seems ok, but have read about motor oil consumption - worrying 😞

Anything else that I would need to know before making final decision on this car?

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Hello!

I have driven over 360000 km (total 376000) my own T25 (1,6 gasoline) and no worries with engine so far. I think the oil consumption problem was at T22 (facelift with first vvt-i engines). 

The only things I would worry about in T25 are lower suspension arms. Well known fact  is that they get rusty. And if not taking care of they don´t pass the mot and replacing is expensive. 

Of course there may be other issues too when that much kilometres (wheel bearings, shock absorbers, etc).

This car seems nice but maybe you should take a good look from underneath to see if everything is ok.

And finally:

1 hour ago, johnny09 said:

gasoline/lpg automatic gearbox.

I have my prejudices about those but it has nothing to do with your car purchase. Good luck!

Thanks avetoy. Of course I will look under it. Arches also seems to me like a problem, had a Mitsubishi Galant. Every year was fighting the arches.. But cant say 100%, haven yet seen the car in real life.

The 1.8vvti could develop oil burning problems until 2006, when the Avensis was mildly facelifted.

I'm not sure if car prices are hugely different in your country, but personally, I'd say a 15 years old Avensis with 200k miles on it is only worth a few hundred quid, and if it breaks down requiring an expensive fix I'd scrap it.  

I owned two 2005 models of these a while ago, a manual and an auto.  The auto gearbox is really reliable but they zap quite a bit of power from the engine.    The fuel consumption was about 36mpg in the auto, against about 50mpg in the manual.

• Like 1

If it's been run on lpg for quite a while it'll be less likely to be an oil user cos it's a cleaner burn so that's a positive

gezhenry LPG was placed 7 years ago, in 2012. 

How long do Avensis last? 500 00km? 700 000km? Any resurss of a gearbox or motor? 

I am planning to exchange cars, from audi a4 b6 to this car above, so all + and - before that would like to know....

I have a avensis with the 1.8 petrol 285 000 km and it does not burn any oil, the car is a 2004 model year