Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo - microphone

Mihai Antonio

Hello,

I have a Toyota Aygo 2015, with no touch radio and I would like to change it with the touch version. I have the radio and the interior light trim with microphone, but I don't know how to connect it. 

There are 2 wires from the microphone, but I don't have the entire cable to the radio.

Is there anybody who made this replacement? Maybe I could find the cable from radio to mic, from spare parts, if you know some recommendation.

Thanks a lot!

I've just checked...and the main plugs, FM-antenna, and accessory plugs are identical on these two headunit types... The only difference...in relation to plugs...is that the touchscreen version has one extra 8-pin connector, that i unfortunately dont have the pinout for...

That being said...in my opinion...the microphone wires are usually on the 28-pin connector...

Thanks for your answer!

The 2 wires from microphone are red and green, so I may search for this two colours on the 28 pin connector.

Maybe is anybody in this forum who has a radio with bluetooth and can make a picture of this connector.

Thanks again for your help!

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-03 at 12.56.40.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I managed to resolve this issue.

The red wire is on pin 4 and the green wire is on pin 18. It works!

Thanks again for the help and hope this helps others too.

556aefc3-224a-4ff0-a120-25ace4ed0b63.jpg

ee41faad-1e9c-42c7-babb-8f7e92bf14be.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

How did you reached the headunit with the microphone wires? How did you connected the microphone wires to the pins from headunit plug? Have you used any adapter or anything?

thanks

• 8 months later...

Hello, I connected the microphone to terminals 4 and 18 of the tablet, but it does not work. Help or advice. Thank you

What radio do you have ? As you have a newer model they have wiring changes are you upgrading the radio ?

My car is a Citroen C1 2019 and the 7 inch touchscreen tablet

s-l1600 (2).jpg

micro  référence 6563HS ou 9812373180.png

4 and 18 are correct, the diagram above shows the rear of the connector (wire side) you will need the correct pins for the connector

Ok , i understand , now is OK  👍 work perfect . Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi, I’m looking to do this myself as I have also upgraded to a touch screen in my 64 plate aygo, however as it didn’t have a microphone I’m struggling on how to install the one I have as I have no wiring to plug it into? I have purchased a new light fitting with microphone, and have found a standard adaptor that is used for Speakers usually that would fit this microphone cable, however I’m struggling to understand now how I can make the green and the red cables on this adaptor to reach the back of the radio and plug in as they’re so short? If you know how to do this please could you assist? Thanks in advance :) 

On 8/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, flash22 said:

4 and 18 are correct, the diagram above shows the rear of the connector (wire side) you will need the correct pins for the connector

Do you have a picture of what connector is needed? I’m not sure if I have the right one as the wire is red and black on mine, not red and green that o have found, Thankyou 

CE9F386F-1B46-4173-B9A8-B74095328DE8.png

See the pictures above, Those are speaker adapters they are not what you need - do you have the microphone ? Did you get the plug with it ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 12:13 PM, flash22 said:

See the pictures above, Those are speaker adapters they are not what you need - do you have the microphone ? Did you get the plug with it ?

Hi, yeah I have the microphone I will attach a picture down below, it just has a very short cable of it with no other plug? Unsure what type of plug I’m actually looking for, thanks for replying 

image.jpg

If you do not have the socket to match the plug, find one from a breaker's yard, get one from Toyota (very expensive)

Are you sure the plug isn't there, can you post a pic of the 28 pin connector

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links