Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 2.2 D4D 135bhp real world MPG.

DickSnow

Never really considered the benefits of either end, just wanted to achieve the objective of blanking off the valve! Retrospectively, yes, blanking at the other end does negate soot in the tube, but as the gasket from valve end was loose that was template, do that's where it was fitted. Not taking apart again to check size or alter, does what I wanted it to do!

In fairness both will give exactly the same result, one just gives soot deposits the option to buildup in the pipe.

The 136bhp model should not put the light on, do you know the fault code, I have only seen the light come on, on that model/engine when the EGR is blanked if the EGR sticks, and with you having it blanked you have no help from the induction pressure, so try and see what the code is, and give it a good clean. it will still have to open and closed when demanded. I always blank off both ends, when diesel manufacture's had the task of making diesels burn cleaner and meaner by high pressure injection/compression ratios the result was more NOX so what they did was to recirculate burnt gases back into the inlet side making the engine believe it or not less efficient cooling down the burn cycle reducing NOX but creating soot in my opinion pathetic, have a Google and read about EGR valves etc. 

Light is on my personal 4.2, it’s easily reset and I have a longer term plan to resolve it, but other jobs are more important at present (Bilstein goodness all-round, full brake overhaul etc.). 4.3 wise I ordered the plate over the weekend and then i’ll blank that, I just spotted the location DickSnow had used was the opposite end to where i’d expect and figured it was worth mentioning.