Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I add Bluetooth to my 2010 IQ and how?

Andrea Azzopardi

I just bought a Toyota iq and was wondering if i can add bluetooth. Also in the small display in the dashboard behind the wheel there isn’t any display for radio (for channels, input, etc). Any help let me know thanks in advance.

Moved to the IQ club

In agree that the Parrot system is well worth it. Also...adding the CT10TY01 harness from Connects2 will make it as "plug & play" as possible for the installer :)

• 4 years later...

6 hours ago, glimp said:

Amazon are delivering one of these Bluetooth/Hands-free/Music/Charger thingies to me today. At 15 quid it has to be worth a try. And if it's no good, it can go back..

image.thumb.png.648ec3ad1a6248128a7bcd91c1af60f7.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083KCMZY7?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image&th=1

Quoting myself here. This thing arrived an hour ago, I've set it up (stuck it directly under the aircon control knob) and it works really well. You select an empty FM frequency (I chose 107.00) on your radio and save it as a preset. You then select the same frequency on the unit - and that's it! It transmits to your car radio - what a great idea!

It's simple to operate (bluetooth connection to your phone, to send & receive calls), the sound quality is good and it lets me charge my phone too. I'm also running a little MP3 player via its USB port, into the car's Aux socket.

15 quid well spent.

The missus is getting a bit narked at me phoning her from the front drive though :phone1:

• Like 1

I need something like this, but had been looking at the ones that are self contained in the lighter plug unit. For handsfree, is there a microphone for the phone in the button unit? Any good?

I've also looked at the Pure Highway 600 but really that microphone needs a bit more care with wiring and is more expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efb said:

I need something like this, but had been looking at the ones that are self contained in the lighter plug unit. For handsfree, is there a microphone for the phone in the button unit? Any good?

I've also looked at the Pure Highway 600 but really that microphone needs a bit more care with wiring and is more expensive.

I'm not convinced that the 'self contained' ones fit in an IQ - that's why I bought the one I did. The 12v socket is set in a very confined space.

There is a microphone in the unit. My missus says I sounded fine when I phoned her.

Pure Highway - lovely product, but costs more (I've got a 400 in my 370z, for the DAB it gives me)

Personally, I'd go for the type of unit I bought - 15 quid - you can't go wrong.

• Like 1

Here's what you see at night...

image.thumb.png.cb91d541eeb16230be29186b2a2cdac1.png

The blue colour is the installed handsfree unit. Quite nice.

• Like 2

Daytime...

image.thumb.png.a5d7b3453fb86a48f09e2e6c4d679d90.png

The USB cable is charging my MP3 player, which I still use for music, through the car's Aux socket.

There are two other music options with this new gadget - one is bluetooth streaming music through it to the car, from my phone, and the other is putting a mini SD card (tft) into the device and playing files throgh the car Speakers that way.

• Like 2

These little devices are good.

They do the job and the right price.

I have something similar and it's perfect.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links