Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 power steering pump part number

graysworld

Can anyone help me with part numbers for my 1997 diesel 2.0 litre Avensis power steering pump.

Local motor factors can't supply. Has anyone got a second hand one for sale?

Graeme

I did a little research and found this - http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/1997/avensis/ct220r-almntw/3_273540_039_/powertrain-chassis/4502_vane-pump-reservoir-power-steering

At first I thought the diesel shared the same part as the petrol engine counterpart, but the power steering is totally different.

AVENSIS |  VANE PUMP RESERVOIR POWER STEERING

Hope the link to the info and image helps.

Thanks, That does help. I can get mine rebuilt for £200 + VAT and I as I can't seem to find one second hand or new from a motor factors I am going to have to go with that. Any other ideas welcome.

Regards Graeme

Considering the sellers on eBay want around 130 for used pump and 30+ for shipping, i'd go with the rebuild, as the price is similar, but you should get a part in better working order, and some warranty on top.

Thank you. I will get mine reconditioned.

Regards Graeme

I have a pump that i bought year's ago about 2006. It was nice and dry with no leaking of power steering fluid. I never fitted it cos it was one to have as a spare, previously had a couple pumps go bad on my 00 Avensis diesel.  But it came from an 01 or 02 d4d, definitely the facelift model. (It was never tested tho.)But i'm not sure that pump wud be same as your's. I definitely had an 04 pump put into my 01 d4d, with a bit of jiggery pokery with the rubber hoses that attach to the pump. But coming from D4D model to TD model. Im not sure. 

my 2003 d4d started to feel heavy steering and power steer fluid  going very dirty. i renewed the oil and it feels much better so worth a bash to get some more life from an expensive part

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links