Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 Excel Aircon question.

daiashthomas

So my Mrs drive the car 95% of the time, she's mentioned that the aircon fan speed seems to change depending on the speed she's doing.

Even with All eco settings turned off, and when going below approximately 40mph the fan speed slows down. Even though everything is set to highest speed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I wonder if it's deliberate?  I have known some cars to have REDUCED air inlet pressure at higher speed.  It sounds improbable, but poor aerodynamic design can result in the airflow creating suction at the air inlet. Rather than redesign the body, maybe they attempted a fix in software.

Imo Toyota's aircon control algorithm is a lot more complicated than most give credence to. Quite possibly the hybrid's have even more complicated solutions depending upon charge etc.?

Does the symptom change if recirculation is selected?

I think she was having a bad day.
Must have been on Auto.
It's working normally now.

My wife has trouble with the ac in her Jimny, I have to keep telling her to wind the window down and stick her head out of the window, it works better the faster you go !!

• Haha 1

My wife has trouble with the ac in her Jimny, I have to keep telling her to wind the window down and stick her head out of the window, it works better the faster you go !!
I can't stand driving around with windows down.
Gotta be sealed in with the aircon. [emoji23]
My mrs is the same.

My Excel seemed to change fan speed at higher or lower roads speeds the other day when it was 26°C outside. It's the only day I've noticed this in the 11 days I've had the car and it was the only day that warm here on the coast.   I set my CC to 17/18°C so maybe it's to do with the relative temperatures.

Pete,

That’s a nice and frosty temp you like there !

I could never get away with that with my wife in the car, she’s a year round thermal wearer including bed socks !

I certainly like it cooler nowadays, stops me from nodding off !

Always have mine on lowest level possible [emoji23]
My wife probably around 18°C

My Excel seemed to change fan speed at higher or lower roads speeds the other day when it was 26°C outside. It's the only day I've noticed this in the 11 days I've had the car and it was the only day that warm here on the coast.   I set my CC to 17/18°C so maybe it's to do with the relative temperatures.
Auto mode was off?

Just now, daiashthomas said:

Auto mode was off?

No, I almost always have Auto on (except when I need demist), S-Flow, Climate in ECO, and switch between outside air and recirc as necessary.

(my Ex could be cold in the Sahara, and nearly always had her seat heater on max.  At least the passenger can select a different temperature).

No, I almost always have Auto on (except when I need demist), S-Flow, Climate in ECO, and switch between outside air and recirc as necessary.
(my Ex could be cold in the Sahara, and nearly always had her seat heater on max.  At least the passenger can select a different temperature).
According to my wife auto was not on. We never use eco or auto.