Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk2 Aygo - 1st and 3rd Gear Whine?

iiNNeX

I have a mk2 Aygo (2016) and 1st and 3rd gears whine for me, especially if going into higher revs but most noticeable between 3k and 5k.

Does anyone else' Aygo do this? I will probably talk to the dealer since it's in warranty but along with the other little niggles, if it happens to be another part of the "car's character" it is seriously going back. Such a let down so far.

Hi.

Yes. I guess it's normal. The sound insulation is better than on the mk1, but the engine is still clearly audible from the inside. You will get used to it. Don't worry.

Why don't you shift up gear earlier, on lower rpm? It will be less noisy.

This is what I do. I tried an automatic Aygo and I was surprised how high the car reved before changing gear. It sounds very Fast & Furious 😄

On 6/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, zuh said:

Hi.

Yes. I guess it's normal. The sound insulation is better than on the mk1, but the engine is still clearly audible from the inside. You will get used to it. Don't worry.

Why don't you shift up gear earlier, on lower rpm? It will be less noisy.

This is what I do. I tried an automatic Aygo and I was surprised how high the car reved before changing gear. It sounds very Fast & Furious 😄

I don't mean the engine noise, this is clearly coming out of the gearbox and only in 1st and 3rd gear. And I do shift low usually but sometimes you need to rev it higher if you want to overtake or launch off a roundabout, and the gear whining is quite noticeable then. Very weird though, I have got it booked with the dealer for the 10th July so we ll see what they say.

It's probably nothing and just something these cars do, but would like some clarification.

Thank you for the feedback.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links