Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo electric window regulator

wizza0

Im trying to fit a window regulator my window is stuck in the up position so I can't get to the bolts to remove the regulator has anybody any ideas do you cut the wires or do you remove the window trim to get to the bolts yes I have removed the door but the top of the window regulator connects by two bolts to the window which is very hard to get to and I can't wind the window down to get to the easaly. Any ideas would be helpful as im stuck

Moved to the Aygo club.

have you tried removing the bolts securing the regulator to the door and then lower the whoe assembly until

you have access to the 2 screws.

I had this, the only real way to fix it is to buy a new regulator as a whole. Only way I could really do it was to cut the cable which then loosened the window, and it seemed to give me much more wiggle room. But it's hands down the nastiest job to do on an Aygo yourself.

Just had the same problem fiiting replacement regulator today, there is no other route but cut the cables, easy enough to do with tin snips. I tried getting up in there but there's no chance, even after cutting the cables I was lucky enough to have a rachet ended 10mm spanner to undo the glass clam bolts, so tight in there as the regulator mechanism can only be wiggled a certian amount so your still doing it relatively blindly and trying to get my banana fingers in there! 😏

18 hours ago, Andrew ~Seymour said:

Just had the same problem fiiting replacement regulator today, there is no other route but cut the cables, easy enough to do with tin snips. I tried getting up in there but there's no chance, even after cutting the cables I was lucky enough to have a rachet ended 10mm spanner to undo the glass clam bolts, so tight in there as the regulator mechanism can only be wiggled a certian amount so your still doing it relatively blindly and trying to get my banana fingers in there! 😏

Just remembered as well that the plastic clips that hold on to the window glass are easily broken. So you need to be very careful with it, although when I broke mine I gorilla glued it back and it's been fine since. It just added more complexity to the job.

Also, grease the mechanism! It's why these regulators fail in my opinion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links