Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update

Cbatoday

4 hours ago, bigblock said:

I can't register my sat nav on the my toyota site because I can't find the device id anywhere for my sat nav. It's not shown in the system info.Been through the whole menu and it's not showing the device id. I know how to do map updates as I had an Auris previously, but I need to register this new Corolla  satnav first. Any advice please.

Does your Corolla have Android auto/ Apple car play and what phone do you have ?

I managed to get around that by connecting the car to a hotspot or WiFi and logging into my toyota services on the car system. It picked it up from there... both myself and the dealer were struggling to find it on the MY20 with android auto. 

Had my 1st service today. Asked about the map update at Woodford Hills of Toyota. Apparently the update is not out yet.

19 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Does your Corolla have Android auto/ Apple car play and what phone do you have ?

I have Android auto/Apple car play. Only have a bluetooth phone connection for making/receiving  calls. It's not a smartphone for internet connection. I don't need the internet when I'm using the car. I hoped I could find the Device ID code as I did with my 2016 Auris as it was listed in the system info listings. I have since discovered that I need to connect to My Toyota Services from the cars system to get the code using a WiFi hotspot. Is this correct?  If so my dealer should be able to retrieve the Device ID. Once I have the Device ID and registered my infotainment system on My Toyota, will I be able to download future map updates in the normal way via my home PC and USB stick like I did with my Auris?

6 hours ago, bigblock said:

I have Android auto/Apple car play. Only have a bluetooth phone connection for making/receiving  calls. It's not a smartphone for internet connection. I don't need the internet when I'm using the car. I hoped I could find the Device ID code as I did with my 2016 Auris as it was listed in the system info listings. I have since discovered that I need to connect to My Toyota Services from the cars system to get the code using a WiFi hotspot. Is this correct?  If so my dealer should be able to retrieve the Device ID. Once I have the Device ID and registered my infotainment system on My Toyota, will I be able to download future map updates in the normal way via my home PC and USB stick like I did with my Auris?

Cars with Android auto/ Carplay a slightly different to setup you do need to provide a data connection either bluetooth tethering or Wifi once this is connected press setup, scroll down to online, turn on internet auto connection, press Toyota online, add your MyT account name and password once this is done the car will sync with MyT and if available offer to download the map directly OTA to the car.

If you choose not to download the maps OTA you can now go to MyT and download and update via USB as you previously did.

If you can connect your car to your to a wifi connection such as your home it is by far the quickest and easiest as its is direct into the car

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TazUddin said:

Had my 1st service today. Asked about the map update at Woodford Hills of Toyota. Apparently the update is not out yet.

Not quite true, depends on what "update" you are looking for Android auto/ Carplay will be available around May time however there are system software bug fixes and Map updates available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Cars with Android auto/ Carplay a slightly different to setup you do need to provide a data connection either bluetooth tethering or Wifi once this is connected press setup, scroll down to online, turn on internet auto connection, press Toyota online, add your MyT account name and password once this is done the car will sync with MyT and if available offer to download the map directly OTA to the car.

Wow. You finally gave me a good reason to upgrade when it becomes available. Maybe now we know why Toyota designed the USB process to be so annoying. It's a cunning revenue stream.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:51 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Not quite true, depends on what "update" you are looking for Android auto/ Carplay will be available around May time however there are system software bug fixes and Map updates available.

I did ask for the car maps update. Yes I was made aware about Android Auto by them. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:47 PM, Devon Aygo said:

If you choose not to download the maps OTA you can now go to MyT and download and update via USB as you previously did.

If you can connect your car to your to a wifi connection such as your home it is by far the quickest and easiest as its is direct into the car

Success. Found a wifi hotspot and did as you said. Was able to get the device id code and successfully registered my system on the My T website on my PC. Many thanks for you help Devon Aygo.