Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox

Patrick1234

1 minute ago, Perfection said:

My Diesel Yaris 6 speed gear box was the best gear box. When I sold the car, it covered more than 125k miles. The gearbox is like new (with the correct oil!).

There was nothing around with the car when I sold it, just wanted a change. The car was sold to a friend and it is now 146k miles. 

So I expect your Auris should give you similar reliability and durability to the Yaris.

Out of curiosity are you a mechanic?? Not being mean or anything it's just you sound very sure.. although this same thing happened to your Yaris it doesn't mean that it is the same solution. Again I'm not trying to insult you or undermined you.. my auris has no gearbox history but the gearbox oil was clean.. and it's strange that its only 2nd that is hard to get into gear when cold and Evey other gear is ok to engage when cold. 

I am not a mechanic by trade, but a systems designer, and who likes to solve problems. So have good sense of how to diagnose and fix things when they go wrong. (But no one can guarantee 100% that your problem is caused by X, or Y and will be fixed by doing Z). All we can do is apply logical solutions from m your problem description and try if it works without saying go and replace the gearbox.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Perfection said:

I am not a mechanic by trade, but a systems designer, and who likes to solve problems. So have good sense of how to diagnose and fix things when they go wrong. (But no one can guarantee 100% that your problem is caused by X, or Y and will be fixed by doing Z). All we can do is apply logical solutions from m your problem description and try if it works without saying go and replace the gearbox.

Ok thanks I respect that.. when the oil comes I will let you know if it has made a difference.. I will have to wait to the next morning to be sure that it worked.. so if this oil does not work the gearbox has wear??

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick, did you get your gearbox sorted?

6 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Patrick, did you get your gearbox sorted?

No not yet the oil still didn't come. To busy to sort it out.. should have it in this week tho.. thanks