Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto door lock & remote window control

PACorolla

Took delivery of my Corolla 2L hybrid excell hatchback 3weeks ago. It was a show room model so delivery was 5 days.
Previous car was a A3 etron PHEV for 3.5 years so have become expectant of creature comforts.

The three that i really miss are

1- Blind spot monitoring which is not a Toyota option on this car.

2-Auto lock of doors above a low speed (10mph) which seems to be available on a lot of lower spec Toyota's but the weird and wonderful ways of setting  it posted on the internet don't seem to work for this model.

3-Remote one touch windows open a close on all windows by keeping the the open/close button pressed.

Does any one know if there is a solution to any of these deficiencies.

Otherwise a great little car that is comfortable, economical (for petrol) and plenty of umph. 

On 6/30/2019 at 6:14 PM, PACorolla said:

Took delivery of my Corolla 2L hybrid excell hatchback 3weeks ago. It was a show room model so delivery was 5 days.
Previous car was a A3 etron PHEV for 3.5 years so have become expectant of creature comforts.

The three that i really miss are

1- Blind spot monitoring which is not a Toyota option on this car.

2-Auto lock of doors above a low speed (10mph) which seems to be available on a lot of lower spec Toyota's but the weird and wonderful ways of setting  it posted on the internet don't seem to work for this model.

3-Remote one touch windows open a close on all windows by keeping the the open/close button pressed.

Does any one know if there is a solution to any of these deficiencies.

Otherwise a great little car that is comfortable, economical (for petrol) and plenty of umph. 

On point 3 I was reading in the manual it can be enabled by the dealer however I don't have my Corolla yet.  I have requested that when they PDI the car (when it arrives) they do this.

Check one of my previous posts where I talked about it.

Edited by bewA
Link added

On 6/30/2019 at 6:14 PM, PACorolla said:

Do you have the complete manuals (not just the quick start) for your car? These are available for download foc from Toyota.

On the previous generation of Touch2 this was done via the car customisation screen on the head unit (only very limited options - dealers can do more via Techstream) - hopefully MM17 allows for similar.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments.

Dealer has set remote window closure and it works fine.

They are looking into auto lock above a low speed and will advise as to how to do it if it is possible.

Hi i had the same issue with the locks at low speed and there was not a option for Toyota to turn on (2016 excel) .

Don't get your hopes up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links