Sign in to follow this  
m00n_angel

Yaris Hybrid 2016 rear bumper

Hi there,

thanks to those lovely people who hit your car while parked and drive away our rear bumper is a bit squiffy. I have taken it to our local Toyota dealership who have said that the clips on the side where the bumper meets the rear wheel arches are broken and as a result can't be joined with the main body of the car. The bumper is otherwise bolted in place and fine, but we would like a bumper that sits properly! The local place quoted us £400 to sort it out, I'm looking for better deals. Can you help?

Hi Jessica

The brackets are about £30 each, so they are only part of the job. Why not take it to a local independent repairer? The bumber literally takes minutes to fit, so unless you need it painting, that is a lot of money to fit some brackets 

Cheers, John 

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I was told by the local dealership that we would require a whole new bumper as the clips on the current one was broken? Hence the high price. Would a photograph help? So the price quoted was for the whole bumper plus fitting.

Jessica

The clips are not part of the bumper, is the bumper damaged? If the price was for a new bumper and painting, to be honest its a good price

John 

Hi John,

The dealership said that the bumper is damaged although it doesn't look like it from the outside. What they said was that it had been hit hard enough to break the plastic clips?

Jessica

There are two main clips/brackets, one on each side, if you only need those then £60 plus VAT, but if the bumper is damaged then that is a whole different job, hard to know without seeing the bumper to be honest, a photo wont really show me the damage on the inside. What have they said they will replace??