Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Techstream Compatible Mini VCI Cable

bobabobajob

Just after recommendations for a decent cable without the normal bundled techstream software- which is free to download anyway.

Any recent recommendations appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

4 hours ago, bobabobajob said:

Just after recommendations for a decent cable without the normal bundled techstream software- which is free to download anyway.

Any recent recommendations appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

I have had my mini VCI J2534 cable for nearly 4 years. I got it with TechStream back then, but now using a later version of Techstream. My cable is transparent and works well. Used it on a few cars Mk3 2009 Avensis (my car), Auris Hybrid 2011, and Prius 2007. 
Best advice is to go for a UK based seller with proper contact details and address. 
I cannot recommend a seller, hopefully you will get a decent cable. The software that came with the cable worked for a short time, but now i have a later Techstream that is far better. help fixed my self inflict EPB issue! 

Thanks for your advice Konrad. Yes, it was reading your post about EPB problems after the rear pad change that prompted me to look at techstream. That said it looks like connecting pins together in the OBD2 socket also works.

The reason i asked about the cable is that it seems like a few suppliers throw in a free trojan with the driver files. 

Just got back to an Avensis after a four year break. Used to have a 58 hatchback (previous generation) and now have an 2011 tourer. Love the car (except the EPB) and looking forward to non-diesel diy. Used to have to decoke the throttle body on my VW TDI every 18 months and just waiting for the EGR to go again and the DPF to fill-  partly the reason that I returned to petrol (miss the 56mpg though!)

Just dispose of the supplied CD with drivers and Techstream. When my cable arrived, the CD was cracked. Seemed to be postal damage. I had to download from a link they supplied. That said, I can't seem to initiate the pilot quantity learning function with my cable. My general diagnostic cable and program (Delphi clone) won't do it, either. Not sure if it is the car, the cables or the programs causing that, although my mini VCI is still pretty decent for pulling codes above and beyond what a generic bluetooth OBD II unit can do. Always good to be able to access ABS, SRS and other data the generic units usually won't touch.

Thanks Paul9. Ordered one now and will do as you suggest.