Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Subwoofer

rgvsean

Just pulled the subwoofer out my 06 aygo and hoping to fit to 15 plate Aygo when it arrives.

Anyone installed active sub and know what cables I require?

It's got the touch screen set up.

Hi Sean

since you have just removed the amp surely you should have everything you need to install in your new car.

if the factory head unit has rca pre out / amp connections i would use these

if you dont then use the high level input hooking up to a speaker,

the power cable will be the same as before.

not much else to say

Hi Eygo, I didn't ask very well - previously was attached to speaker cables and spliced into 12v cable behind head unit. I'm not sure how easy it is to access the touch screen so I guess I should be asking if there is an RCA connector in there even? And how to get to it. The 05 had an RCA but I didn't know until I had it apart and didn't have a cable ready so just picked off the speaker wires. 

I've ordered a double fuse power connector to get power from fuse box this time and suspect it may be easier to pick up speaker wires in back doors than get behind the touch screen? Can't find any removal videos etc.

from the images i have seen today of the aygo head unit there aren't any Rca outputs,

i've been thinking, does the speaker output control the volume of an active sub ???

if it does would you have more bass if you connected the sub to the front Speakers

as the volume level is higher in the front .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eygo said:

if it does would you have more bass if you connected the sub to the front speakers

as the volume level is higher in the front .

It's an active sub so it just needs a signal (ideally left and right channel) then the sub has a crossover and volume setting (built in amp) to get the right sound. In my 05 I have the bass set very low on the Speakers and compensated on the sub - worked really well. Nice sound. Sub sits under the drivers seat. It's a blaupunkt unit, no longer produced I think. It's not quite a Mark Levinson but hey :)

I will have a look when I get the car and see what I can see under the dash. If I can grab the speaker wires it should be fairly easy. Doesn't seem to be much info around on them. 

2 hours ago, rgvsean said:

It's an active sub so it just needs a signal (ideally left and right channel) then the sub has a crossover and volume setting (built in amp) to get the right sound. In my 05 I have the bass set very low on the speakers and compensated on the sub - worked really well. Nice sound. Sub sits under the drivers seat. It's a blaupunkt unit, no longer produced I think. It's not quite a Mark Levinson but hey 🙂

I will have a look when I get the car and see what I can see under the dash. If I can grab the speaker wires it should be fairly easy. Doesn't seem to be much info around on them. 

you should be able to get the speaker cables from the B pillar , there wont be many cables in there

so will be easy to trace the speaker ones.

• Thanks 1

All done.

Fuse box jump out and a handy earth point right next to it. Then door Speakers are in plugs right behind left and right kick panels.

For future ref (as had to remove door cards to find out) speaker wires in plugs are Red and White (right door) Black and Yellow (left door).

i take it it's been worth the effort to install the sub

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links