Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd / radio unit security code

Tam F

Hi guys just joined you forum and looking for some advice for my father-in-law. He has a 2 litre diesel estate on a 2006 plate. And his cd unit is not working. I have sourced a second hand one but was not sure if they are coded or not. I liken his car to triggers brush as its had so many original toyota parts its like a new car. Any help appreciated. Tam. 

• Like 1

It depends what CD/radio you are going to use, but generally they are not security coded. The later unit with satnav use a DVD disc to initialise the unit on boot up. Without this disc the unit won't function, which can happen if the Battery has has been disconnected or power unplugged!
So long as the unit is not faulty, just plug in and see what happens.  

Konrad thanks for your reply. I have just picked up the radio and the model is w53901. Looks  mint  condition plus it has the heating bit at the bottom also so a bargain buy for £20. Fitting will be no problem my only concern was the code issue.  

Konrad the unit coming out is w53904. It is identical, do you think this will be a issue?

The W53901 and W53904 are identical...at least in terms of the plugs used...so this should be a direct swap 🙂