Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav4 Dashcam fitting

Malop

Hit me baby one more time 🙋‍♀️ 👩‍🎤

2 hours ago, Mike169 said:

One thing I noticed has not been mentioned yet is dashcams , although they provide 100% evidence in the scenario of someone pulling out on you they also record the speed you are doing on every trip and should you of been speeding and a crash occurs the Police have the right to remove your dashcam and see the speed you were doing.

1) not all dashcams are fitted with GPS

2) those that are usually offer you the option of turning off speed monitoring

41 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Hit me baby one more time 🙋‍♀️ 👩‍🎤

For some reason, this springs to mind.

I'm happy for anybody to check what the GPS says on my cam, yesterdays clip showed my maximum speed on the one minute clip as 54 MPH and at the point of very close impact, I was doing 19 MPH. The Nextbase 320 GW has GPS/mapping, shows where you were, and the G forces on your journey, very informative 

Paul the very same thing with me, same position when it rains camera can’t see .Car is back into dealers on Wednesday to get rear view camera sorted very fuzzy view . Toyota supplied and fitted the dash-cam ,if they won’t move it they can have it back , not fit for purpose .mine is the one Toyota are pushing  Nextbase 380GW plus it’s on a glued pad 

• Thanks 1

Pad glued to windscreen and dash-cam mounts on to glued patch , although there’s a spare pad 

It’s not glued to the screen per-say, it’s a self adhesive pad with a pressure sensitive adhesive designed to cope with the vibration and temp change, it’s easy enough to remove and they’re cheap enough to replace. But please speak to the dealer and agree where you want it and then check the footage from the camera in that position to make sure you are happy. A sharpie works wonders and can easily be cleaned off glass afterwards.

I wanted a front and rear Dashcam fitted but was not prepared to pay the £400 the dealer wanted to fit it. So after too many hours of research I purchased a VIOFO A129 Duo, it will be a permanent fit and hard wired. Does any one know the best route for the rear camera cable to minimise interference to DAB radio, I'm guessing routing it along the floor rather than the head liner should keep it away from the Radio antenna.

Avalon thank you for your advice I will do that , car is in the dealership again Wednesday for rear view reversing camera 

45 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

Avalon thank you for your advice I will do that , car is in the dealership again Wednesday for rear view reversing camera 

Hi Phillip.

Has your Rav got a 12v power take off point on the passenger side just above the floor pan as mine has but it's many years older than yours as that should make the job easier if I am reading your post correctly you are going to have a separate rear dash cam fitted?

Regards, Mike.

4 hours ago, BigGreenKwak said:

I wanted a front and rear dashcam fitted but was not prepared to pay the £400 the dealer wanted to fit it. So after too many hours of research I purchased a VIOFO A129 Duo, it will be a permanent fit and hard wired. Does any one know the best route for the rear camera cable to minimise interference to DAB radio, I'm guessing routing it along the floor rather than the head liner should keep it away from the Radio antenna.

I really like the Viofo A119v2 (not had a v3 yet) and A129 kits, for the money it’s frankly amazing spec wise and Viofo keep the updates/support coming. I would personally opt for the floor route, it’s the side the fuse box is on and in my case (4.2), it’s the side that the cable conduit goes to the rear door. Either way it shouldn’t cause issues with DAB. Also make sure you get the ACC hard wire kit so it drops the camera into park mode.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Avalon, Totally agree, the specs on the A129 knocks spots off many of the bigger players and a lot cheaper. I have the ACC hard wire kit ready to install. Just need the car to put it in now.

hi mike 169 no it’s the rear view reversing car camera it’s playing up see photo but thank you again for your comment . Off the subject forums are a great place like minded people helping each other . Politicians please note 

7321C2C9-E104-45B9-B5DD-97DE25FE0E60.jpeg

CD000581-9393-4B1D-A9BA-E7652BE499F1.jpeg

81C0C012-4A46-46B3-A642-F4BD9B65531B.jpeg

Hi Phillip.

Thanks for clarifying my thoughts.

Your screen is a bit better advanced than mine it seems but the reversing camera of mine, Toyota factory

original is 100% clear.

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Garmin Dashcam 55 and My dealer is looking £250 to fit it, yes £250!  Halfords can fit for 30quid but are unable to find the internal fuse box.  Anyone know where it is on my 2019 Rav 4?

my dealer supplied and fitted my next base 380gw for £250 . My thoughts £36,700 car Halfords fit if there’s any problems were to take it Halfords Toyota . .?.you decided 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marlinleg said:

my dealer supplied and fitted my next base 380gw for £250 . My thoughts £36,700 car Halfords fit if there’s any problems were to take it Halfords Toyota . .?.you decided 

I feel the same.

My dealer supplied and fitted the Duo (with rear facing camera as well) for £300, and this was added to the interest-free finance package.

I paid them to install a camera I'd bought myself on my last two cars as well.

yes they put my dash cam on interest free finance 👍

Adrian  I wouldn’t let anyone near my car that can’t find the fuse box £30 or not 😳

You have a point there but they Nextbase cameras are so big and unpleasant looking.  And £250.00 is a bit of a rip off regardless of the cost of the car.    I guess its tidy fit myself to the PowerSocket in the centre console or pay the £250!!!!

Adrian see Photo the Nextbase 380gw is £199.99p eBay so Toyota charged me £50 I can’t see the dash cam when driving I hope this helps

2D24804D-01FB-44EE-A924-89E462321496.thumb.jpeg.96115369df3f3a7fb76c4898ecaab352.jpeg75635147-C464-4BDF-A00D-07AC733248FE.thumb.jpeg.f759955ef5e8c18b38be1c0817242010.jpeg

ps you view and set up your dash cam view via tablet or smart phone it links ultra fast and stops recording automatic to download videos . Also a 6 second press to format SIM card 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, BigGreenKwak said:

I wanted a front and rear dashcam fitted but was not prepared to pay the £400 the dealer wanted to fit it. So after too many hours of research I purchased a VIOFO A129 Duo, it will be a permanent fit and hard wired. Does any one know the best route for the rear camera cable to minimise interference to DAB radio, I'm guessing routing it along the floor rather than the head liner should keep it away from the Radio antenna.

It's the power unit that causes the interference to the DAB. Wrapping the power feed cable around a clip on ferrite ring should sort it out. One near the power unit and one close to the camera. I found the Nextbase power supply better than most but much better with extra ferrite rings. Looped through it works best. I've moved my mount onto the grayed area now I have replacement sticky fixers, the suction cup doesn't like the raised surface there, and it's powered from the interior lamp supply, with the power supply tucked into the headliner.

PB170405.JPG

ferrite ring.jpg

I stuck mine to the window using the sticky pad which has one of the connection fittings on it. I did not use the suction pad. 

The sticky pad can be pulled off by carefully using a blunt knife. I did this transferring from my old car to this Rav4

D6ED0ED7-3C88-4CB4-9A82-43BFE2040B3A.jpeg

110E6854-0808-454C-A702-62C11AE0DF37.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links