Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav4 Dashcam fitting

Malop

2 hours ago, Scottydog007 said:

I stuck mine to the window using the sticky pad which has one of the connection fittings on it. I did not use the suction pad. 

Incidentally, the position for me does not hinder my front view. And actually I have the seat set to a high position and most of the camera is behind the mirror. I wired over sun blind, door passenger window hiding wires behind seal, all around inner door seal, then behind passenger cabinet. It was easy to do.

For this picture I bent down lower just to show dash cam.

DDA724A1-24C2-453E-AB2D-FEA828471801.jpeg

• Thanks 1

hi all what Nextbase models are you being offed?

just got my rav4 dynamic with pano roof and jbl sounds,spoke to salesmen quicky he just said they fit Nextbase but no model number and wether it was hard wired or not .

there is not much room behind mirror with extra camera sensors so worried where they would fitt it

any help or sugestions would be grateful.

Bjay

Baser, there are 2 on the Toyota websites I believe

5 hours ago, Baser said:

hi all what nextbase models are you being offed?

just got my rav4 dynamic with pano roof and jbl sounds,spoke to salesmen quicky he just said they fit nextbase but no model number and wether it was hard wired or not .

there is not much room behind mirror with extra camera sensors so worried where they would fitt it

any help or sugestions would be grateful.

I ordered the Nextbase Duo from my dealer and it was fitted before the car was delivered.  It was £300 including fitting and the hard wire kit and has a rear facing camera that looks through the back window.  2 rear passengers aren't a problem, a 3rd in the middle might be, but I've not had more than 2 in the back for a long time, and usually don't have any rear passengers.

Some info here:

and more pics here:

• 9 months later...

Can anyone help me please? I am just waiting for our new RAV4 to arrive and I have been looking at the various dash cams out there. Some of which appear to drain the Battery, can anyone tell me if the BlackVueDR900S-2CH front and rear dash cam is compatible with the new RAV4 hybrid

thank you

31 minutes ago, Ricicles said:

Can anyone help me please? I am just waiting for our new RAV4 to arrive and I have been looking at the various dash cams out there. Some of which appear to drain the battery, can anyone tell me if the BlackVueDR900S-2CH front and rear dash cam is compatible with the new RAV4 hybrid

thank you

Not on its own the model mentioned needs a permanent 12v supply if you want "Parking mode" which will drain the 12v Battery or you need to but additional "Parking mode Batteries", Toyota use Nextbase kits all of which have Battery supplies that do not drain the 12v Battery when parked.

Toyota offer:

Front facing: An exclusive Nextbase 380GW kit with bespoke Toyota hard wire kit, battery back up £250 incl vat fitted

Front & Rear: An exclusive Nextbase 380GW + 380WX with bespoke Toyota hard wire kit, battery back up £350 incl vat fitted

Dual facing: Nextbase 322GW  with bespoke Toyota hard wire kit & integrated battery back up £225 incl vat fitted

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Anyone have Nextbase 380GW + 380WX Toyota integrated Dashcam fitted in their RAV4? Would be great to hear your review/experience with the product? I have a RAV4 ordered which hopefully coming in the next weeks and considering Dashcam. How is it compare to the product such as Nextbase 622 or others?

Regards,

Eko

Excellent product, really top quality video, can be downloaded via an app to your phone. I witnessed a very serious accident in January where i was first on scene. I was able to give the Police an image of a car in front that drove away from the scene, and emailed the Police with the video footage before I left the scene, excellent products 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:53 AM, Parts-King said:

Excellent product, really top quality video, can be downloaded via an app to your phone. I witnessed a very serious accident in January where i was first on scene. I was able to give the Police an image of a car in front that drove away from the scene, and emailed the Police with the video footage before I left the scene, excellent products 

Thanks, I think I will get it

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Toyota install the pair of cams in my new prius. I agree with comments here that Toyota should build them in already - though I think I recall reading there is something available through the existing camera that checks lanes/RSA etc.

But on the point of viewing, has anyone found a solution that uses the infosystem on the car? 3rd party apps - or is it just not possible?

p.s. Does anyone use the stickers to alert that dashcams are installed?

Edited by altocumulus
sticker bit added