Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Gen 7 celica headlamp units

Kenny Barclay

Hi

My headlamp units on my Gen 7 celica are rather discoloured. I have tried cleaning but would prefer to change them. Has anyone changed to an after market style? Anyone recommend a good style. Most look very dark, but they might work well with my red celica. Thanks Kenny 

AFAIK, there are no after-market headlights that are as good as OE.

Although my after-market lights look great on my red Gen 7, their light output is poor, and the UV coating is flaking off.

If it wasn't for the fact I only drive in daylight, I wouldn't have bothered, and they only cost £40 delivered second hand.

I have these..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spec-D-Tuning-LHP-CEL00JM-TM-Projector-Headlights/dp/B016RXK440

Many thanks, yes they look nice just a pity the quality is poor 

Kenny 

• 1 month later...

I'm very late replying but hopefully this will help others.

Have to second Scarlet Arrows advice that there is no superior aftermarket light compared to the OEM lights.
However, you can polish up even the most badly faded headlights!

I got myself a foam disk drill attachment kit for about £7 on eBay and with some cutting compound went over it with a cordless drill.
It's worth noting the light on the right has been gone over by hand with two headlight polishing kits I had bought from shops and still wasn't happy with the results.
the light on the left is after about 10 minutes with the foam disk drill attachment...

BeforeNafter.png

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1

Hi. Very interesting. Certainly has made a difference. I tried cleaning up with Plast x but didn't make a massive difference. Rather than after market ones which would have changed the look of the car considerably, i managed to get my local dealer to order me a set of OEM headlamp units for approx 350.00 for the pair. A lot of cash, but has made a huge difference to the front of the vehicle. Thanks Kenny