Ezcritique

2019 Rav4 spare wheel

Hi... Still awaiting delivery of my much anticipated Awd Excel... To those fortunate enough to be in receipt of their vehicles, what is the  raic with the spare? 

Full size? Space saver? Or silly kit thing as standard? 

8 hours ago, Ezcritique said:

...Full size? Space saver? Or silly kit thing as standard?

Most get space saver, if you have the panoramic moon roof you get the gunge.

I've had a quote for a matching silver alloy spare for my Excel (£318.08) and am about to order once I've had clarification from my dealer about a tyre query.

The spare will be a black alloy space saver. If you buy a full size spare it fits ok after removing the packing pieces under the space saver.

if your car has Dunlop Grandtek PT30 tyres then a new matching spare tyre is very expensive. Stapletons are a tyre wholesaler who have limited stock of these tyres for shipping to Toyota dealers only but I beleve around £250 each. Your dealer may let you have one at trade price at about £170. 

If you need 1 for your spare I have 3 available to buy with only 280 miles use as I had them removed from my AWD Excel and fitted Cross Climates. 

I've now ordered a 5th Bridgestone Alenza (£136.24) to use with the silver alloy full sized spare wheel and a TPMS sensor (£80.12).

Tomfromfife: My dealer is happy the spare with sensor will work with the car's ECUs (to be confirmed!!)

I've also ordered 5 Vredestein all-season tyres for winter months.  I'll rotate the Alenzas until they are down to about 3 mm, then retire them and just use the Vredesteins in future - hopefully, I won't buy any more tyres for a few years (baring accidents).

My dealer will store the tyres not being used and swap them each October/March until the summer ones are retired.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:19 AM, Ezcritique said:

Craic

A full size alloy spare with TPMS for £80.12??? Or was that just the sensor? 

Sounds like you have a great dealer in that they will store and swap your tyres for you. 

Thanks for the reply

Actually just reread your prev post £300+ for matching alloy... 😮

Sorry, I didn't give wheel price because I'd mentioned it earlier, but realise now that was in a different thread.  Wheel is £318.08.

For my last two cars they charged a one-off £40 incl vat to set up the storage facility then no further charge, plus £30 a time to swap four tyres including vat, valve and balancing.  I expect to pay a bit more than £30 now as it's going to be 5 tyres to swap, but still very reasonable.  I drop the car, get a nice breakfast at the hotel next door (sometimes joined by my Services Manager and Salesman) and by the time I'm full the car's ready.  Yes, a great dealer.

oops - so it was in this thread - been a long day! 🙄

I like the storage facility and very reasonably priced too, I'll try my local dealer and see what they say, hopefully a similar outcome and I can always show your post in support.... Thanks again.... Not in Hampshire by any chance?? 

1 minute ago, Ezcritique said:

... Not in Hampshire by any chance?? 

dealer's in Norwich!