Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Toyota Avensis issues

Ch Saab

I was driving yesterday & had two messages flash on the dash along with four warning lights. One says check parking brake (electronic) & the other is a VSC error . 

When I purchased the car from Toyota Doncaster (Uk) they sold it to me with 2 years unlimited mileage warranty & 2 years breakdown cover as well . So I called the breakdown line & the AA driver who turned up told me it’s showing faulty handbrake module & something linked to egr . He told me to take it in to the local Toyota as the car is still under warranty. Toyota Solihull (Uk) where not helpful at all telling me no one is in to help just sales staff & to come back on Monday , but still no guarantee when they can do it as they’re fully booked for the month . 

Now what I want to know is if the handbrake module & EGR will be covered under warranty as I still have it ????? 

Also what good is a manufacturer warranty if they tell you they can’t touch the car for a month & also have no cars to hire out either ???? 

This car is used for my livelihood & can’t afford to go a month before they can even touch the car let alone repair it . 

The car was purchased upon recommendations & am now I’m wondering why I even bothered???  

Should have stuck to the Germans I’ve had & know best . 

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Duplicate topic deleted.

This topic moved to the Avensis club. The majority of car dealerships, regardless of marque, only have their service departments open for a half day on Saturdays and not on Sundays. So whether Toyota, or a German marque, the same would be the case.

Do you have a solution to what I questioned buddy ? 

I would call other Toyota dealers in the area and see if they can take it in for inspection.

It is not on that they didn't offer a courtesy car but as said above it's probably due to the weekend.

What type of warranty did you get from Mr T? Is it one of their 'approved' vehicles?

Hopefully they will sort you out under the warranty, if it comes to the EPB my understanding is that a replacement is around£1.5k

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

The sold me the car which I brought used not brand new form Toyota in Doncaster (Uk) with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty along with 2 years breakdown cover . 

You can try different dealers if they have a courtesy car. Worth checking the fuel cap should be 1 click tight. A few people have made this mistake and it will cause a vsc error:

9 hours ago, m456an said:

You can try different dealers if they have a courtesy car. Worth checking the fuel cap should be 1 click tight. A few people have made this mistake and it will cause a vsc error:

That was the first thing I checked mate . That’s tightly closed. Even took it for a blast down the motorway, lights still there . 

there are so many sensors interlinked in modern cars that a fault in 1 can flag a warning light that as joe public you wouldn't expect to see from the cause i.e. EPB warning may have nothing to do with the EPB.

If you got a truly unlimited mileage warranty it's unlikely to be an official Toyota GB warranty but probably a dealer one.

When did you buy the car? 

6 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

there are so many sensors interlinked in modern cars that a fault in 1 can flag a warning light that as joe public you wouldn't expect to see from the cause i.e. EPB warning may have nothing to do with the EPB.

If you got a truly unlimited mileage warranty it's unlikely to be an official Toyota GB warranty but probably a dealer one.

When did you buy the car? 

I purchased it last September from Toyota themselves in Doncaster . 

I phoned my local Toyota in Birmingham who have advised to bring it in tomorrow & leave it with them for the day .

she also confirmed that I still have warranty. 

Fingers crossed they sort it all out  🤞 

You didn't buy it from Toyota themselves, you bought it from a Toyota dealer.

& you are now outside the 6 months automatic warranty allowed under the Consumer Trading Act 2015 so probably no comeback under that .

It could be something as simple as a bad Battery.

1 minute ago, Heidfirst said:

You didn't buy it from Toyota themselves, you bought it from a Toyota dealer.

& you are now outside the 6 months automatic warranty allowed under the Consumer Trading Act 2015 so probably no comeback under that .

It could be something as simple as a bad battery.

God I hope your wrong !! That’s the last thing I want to hear . Let’s see what tomorrow holds for me 🤞

Afaik Toyota don't own any dealers in the UK so don't think that I am wrong on that.

Why wouldn't you want it to be something as simple as a bad Battery? Would be an easy & cheap fix.

According to Toyota GB's dealer locator, the only official Toyota dealer in Doncaster is Burrows Doncaster - part of Burrows Motor Group.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to Toyota GB's dealer locator, the only official Toyota dealer in Doncaster is Burrows Doncaster - part of Burrows Motor Group.

That’s the one ! I purchased the car from them . 

This happened to my Avensis l took the handbrake apart for nothing all that was needed was a good hard drive in 4th gear ERG cleaned o with a good roasing .No more lights. Car perfect.

• Haha 1

Well I was having this issue with the VSC error to, and was was wrong was the Battery, was getting to worn out. I suggest to check it, if your car sometimes can not start as the Battery or struggle to do it, most likely Battery is to blame. Hope it helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links