Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla P0093 code

Rebekah

Hi I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on what could be wrong with my car? 🙂

got my Toyota corella 2005 2.2 diesel just a few weeks ago, after a week of owning it the car lost all power and went into limp mode, I think it’s limp mode anyway - it slowed right down from 70 all lights etc still on - not sure if relevant, but it happened the day after putting 1/4 tank of Tesco diesel in it.

switched engine off, then back on.

engine management light came on and diagnostic came back as p0093.

its absolutely fine town driving 30/40 but as soon as you want higher speeds it loses power.

had the egr valve cleaned out and it drove fine that night, thought it was problem solved - yay.

But no, happened the next day doing 60MPH and then again at 50MPH.

lastnight took it for a very long 2 hour drive and it only happened once.

once we got the fuel down to 1/4 tank put the Toyota system cleaner in and £50 worth of BP ultimate diesel.

its seemed to have got better, but of course last night it did happen once.

any idea if this could be bad fuel? The fuel filter is being changed over the weekend to rule that out, been told it could be injectors or the scv! Could it be any of those?

The code you have quoted denotes a large fuel leak

By require more rpm this increases the fuel demand and also pressure from the pump

Could be one of the pipes on the fuel filter not connected properly after replacement or the seal. Have a look in that area for dripping diesel fuel

Be very careful with diesel fuel system they use very high pressures which can cause severe injury

I would ring the selling garage and get it sorted asap. 

Thankyou for your reply.

Fuel filter not been done yet, that’s being done at the weekend.

unfortinately can’t return it to be looked at, was bought at a car auction and sold as seen.

it was absolutely perfect for the first 10 days and then all of a sudden this happens.

trying to eliminate what it could be before trying the more expensive bits

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links