Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slow acceleration problems

N_A

Hello everyone! I bought a used 2012 iQ from the Toyota dealership with 90K miles. Since the first day I noticed that sometimes the gas pedal is not responding immediately. The issue gets much worse whenever the AC is running. Sometimes it takes up to 3 seconds to even realize I pressed the gas. It really feels unsafe to drive. My friend with the same iQ drove mine and said that his doesn't act the same way. I did some maintenance trying to fix the problem but it didn't work. Here is what I did so far:

-CVT fluid change
-new spark plugs
-cleaned MAF sensor
-cleaned throttle body
-fresh motor oil
-cleaned accelerator pedal connections
-ECU reset
-Idle reset relearn procedure

Any ideas?

When did you buy the car and what warranty did it come with?

On 7/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, N_A said:

Hello everyone! I bought a used 2012 iQ from the Toyota dealership with 90K miles. Since the first day I noticed that sometimes the gas pedal is not responding immediately. The issue gets much worse whenever the AC is running. Sometimes it takes up to 3 seconds to even realize I pressed the gas. It really feels unsafe to drive. My friend with the same iQ drove mine and said that his doesn't act the same way. I did some maintenance trying to fix the problem but it didn't work. Here is what I did so far:

-CVT fluid change
-new spark plugs
-cleaned MAF sensor
-cleaned throttle body
-fresh motor oil
-ECU reset

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Did car behaved the same way during test drive or it started to behave after you drove it from dealer?

6 hours ago, lovec1990 said:

Greetings,

Did car behaved the same way during test drive or it started to behave after you drove it from dealer?

I bought it without any warranty. The car started behaving this way right after I bought it. At the beginning it wasn't really an issue but then it started getting more noticeable. I feel like it got a little worse during the past 9 months.

Failing CVT? 

1.0 litre or 1.33?

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

1.0 litre or 1.33?

On 7/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, N_A said:

-CVT fluid change
-new spark plugs
-cleaned MAF sensor
-cleaned throttle body
-fresh motor oil
-ECU reset

Any ideas?

EGR !

When you say it takes a few seconds to respond does it do anything, do the revs increase?

If the revs don't climb then maybe the accelerator potentiometer or throttle position sensor on the pedal itself is faulty.

Might be worth a trip to a Toyota dealer to get it on the computer and see if any faults are recorded.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links