Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swap other Toyota seats to Avensis?

Boneventura1

Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself, Im fro Amsterdam, Netherlands and recently bought a 2004 Avensis T25 Hatchback. Before that I owned a Prius, as was my car before that. So been driving Toyota for about 10 years now. 

My Avensis is pretty basic compared to the Prius. I'm exploring options to make it a bit more comforable. I'd really love leather seats. But I've read on here about the electricity wiring (mine doesnt have electric seats so no wiring for that) and to be honest, I dont want to do all that.

So I was wondering: would it be possible to swap the front seats from the Avensis with Corolla or Auris leather seats, as they are not electric? Thnx so much!

Welcome to Avensis Club!

I would say everything is possible depending on how much work you want to do. If you´re lucky the seat swap is just bolt on-job, but I doubt...

I´m not sure but I think there are originally leather seats in some T25 models? Let´s wait other comments... 

Thnx. Yes there are leather seats available, not even hard to find. But they are all electric. No manual leather seats out there. 

But the point of other model seats would be to avoid extra work (adding wiring) . So if installing other model seats would mean modding seats to get them fitted, I'm kind of missing my own point 🙂

Even if it's not a bolt on job, you should not have that much of a hard time making an adapter for the rails, it does not have to be that pretty anyway, since it's under the seats.

I can measure the rails from the Auris 2007 front seats, mine are not leather, but maybe you can compare to yours and see if its fits or not.

Side airbag compatibility may be an issue....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mrfixer said:

Side airbag compatibility may be an issue....

I moved seats from one Citroen Picasso to another of slightly different ages and the airbag connectors were different. Not greatly so, but enough to need slight modifications.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links