Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally took delivery of my new Corolla TS 2.0 hybrid!

vjekan

The day finally came on 13th July 2019. My new car arrived to the dealership on Friday and after they added the Toyota protect to the outside and the inside, we picked it up on Saturday.

I have to say, the pictures don't do the car justice in this case. I'm so glad we went with the red color because it's stunning! It looks great on pictures but has an extra WOW effect in person. I went all in on the car, 2.0 hybrid, panoramic roof, HUD. JBL and Adaptive suspension were the only things I didn't go for.

I'll add some pictures so everyone can see 🙂

As for the car itself, coming from a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, this feels like a space shuttle 😄

The level of noise in the car can't even be compared, the ride comfort, acceleration, ease of driving. I really feel like I'm driving in a premium class and brand car.

IMG-20190713-WA0005.thumb.jpg.fb817b5c83c5cd158e94f66c71f1d84f.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0004.thumb.jpg.a2602ea22bd959a9dbd40c5677d6dd6d.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0003.thumb.jpg.a217ae08c1e1a54c93441b73c93f829a.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0002.thumb.jpg.0b676f6bd0e3a2c7adcf9c490cbcee79.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0000.thumb.jpg.da14e8450c11b074cebb05b9d61175b0.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0006.thumb.jpg.e21c89eaf805c4d884196ef4acd399b7.jpg

IMG-20190713-WA0020.thumb.jpg.61c61949257ed5a01a3ce0a7fa407303.jpg

• Like 5

enjoy!:driving:

It's a bit galling though to see the things that you can spec. that we aren't offered in the UK (HUD, Adaptive Suspension)

42 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

enjoy!:driving:

It's a bit galling though to see the things that you can spec. that we aren't offered in the UK (HUD, Adaptive Suspension)

and blind spot monitoring i think!

I'd love to know how they decide not to add something 🙂  Maybe BSM will come to a refresh 🙂

2 minutes ago, bewA said:

I'd love to know how they decide not to add something

The individual sales/importing organisations decide on what is included within the specs they offer. In the case of blind spot monitoring, presumably Toyota GB decided it wasn't a feature for their specs at present, though that's not to say it won't appear at some time in the future.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The individual sales/importing organisations decide on what is included within the specs they offer. In the case of blind spot monitoring, presumably Toyota GB decided it wasn't a feature for their specs at present, though that's not to say it won't appear at some time in the future.

I'm not expecting to change their mind It's just interesting to know what impacts adding or removing a feature and this works for anything that's not available in europe vs this country 🙂

Like bewA said it’ll probably appear in the refresh. I reckon maybe 2021-22 on the Excel models in addition to standard leather seats so people who have it on finance will have a reason to upgrade to the newest model.

Looks lovely very nice! Will the UK get the model that I've seen floating around in US reviews the "XRS"?

as far as I can see from the US Toyota website in the new Corolla there is no (or at least not yet) XRS grade.

What I could see them possibly doing at some point is a Corolla GR Sport as they have done with the Yaris. 

On 7/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, KennyKen1988 said:

Looks lovely very nice! Will the UK get the model that I've seen floating around in US reviews the "XRS"?

XRS is a US trim level we will be getting a GR and possibly a GRMN see: https://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-corolla-gr-sport-and-trek-models-to-debut-in-geneva

• Like 1

That's good news especially with the GR it looks superb!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

Just sharing mine

8FA8BC62-C809-47A7-AC0C-BB40BDB0213E.jpeg

6EA805EF-1C03-4CA4-82BA-6CA255CAD32F.jpeg

Whats the score with wheel nuts and door handles?

8 hours ago, chicken_george said:

Whats the score with wheel nuts and door handles?

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Auris2010 said:

What do you mean?

I'm assuming the different coloured wheel nuts and the chrome handles?  Although i didn't notice them to start off with!

27 minutes ago, bewA said:

I'm assuming the different coloured wheel nuts and the chrome handles?  Although i didn't notice them to start off with!

I've not seen any mention of chrome handles on the UK model, rear lights and reflectors too. Thats the 2L Design?

I assume they're after market covers. They look good on the black paint. Not so sure about if they were on another colour.

They are aftermarket chrome fittings on the rear fog lights, rear lights and door handles.  The wheel nuts are just silicone cover for design/protection. 

Yes  its a 2.0L design hatchback. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

They are aftermarket chrome fittings on the rear fog lights, rear lights and door handles.  The wheel nuts are just silicone cover for design/protection. 

Yes  its a 2.0L design hatchback. 

Thanks

Ah ok, I thought it was an option i missed on the toyota website, did you get a space saver wheel? or TRK?

I do love the black, just too high maintenance for me personally.

I got the spare wheel and a tyre repair kit as a bonus.  

2 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

I got the spare wheel and a tyre repair kit as a bonus.  

Good to know, thanks

18 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

Just sharing mine

Please update your profile.