Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob insurance

marlinleg

hi do any members have key/fob insurance . ala offer it but I believe it’s only offered along with tyre or chip insurance ect thank you

Hi Marlin,

Just to advise, Adrian Flux do keycare cover priced at £17.00:-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/keycare/

You will have to be a Flux policyholder to take out the cover however.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Dan

thank you I’ll have a look

Does your car insurance policy cover you for lost or stolen keys ??

yes it covers lost keys but my concern was will it effect my next premium if I claimed . I have sorted it out thank you I have got cover with ala I have taken policy to cover my access on my car  policy as they don’t sell Key cover on its own I had a discount code from honest john site so i am covered for less than a£1 a week it includes car and house keys Friends got locked out their house last week  £128 to get back in . Hate to think how much a Toyota fob costs plus I fish each week and if I fall in water they told me I am covered . Thanks again 

The AA offer free key insurance to Gold Members ( 5+ years of AA Breakdown Cover ).

Hi Phillip.

(P.S. I am curious about your screen name martinleg when it seems your name is Phillip?)

Why not just phone your insurance company/insurance broker and simply ask them if it will affect your next premium to be paid. There's a good chance it won't especially if you have protected no claims bonus...…………………….just phone them.

Regards. Mike.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:36 PM, marlinleg said:

...Hate to think how much a Toyota fob costs...

When I bought my Gen 4 Prius 3 years ago I had some overseas travel plans and wanted to take 2 keys with me and still have a spare back home, so I ordered a 3rd fob.

The fob was £164.22 plus setup with car's security software at £19.80.  From memory, if I'd wanted the emergency key as well it was somewhere in the region of £150-£180 so I decided one can have too much insurance... (I think I got a little loyalty discount to get these prices too).

The RAV4 fob has an additional button for the electric tailgate, so I imagine this and inflation will take an additional toll!

2 minutes ago, Mike169 said:

...Why not just phone your insurance company/insurance broker and simply ask them if it will affect your next premium to be paid. There's a good chance it won't especially if you have protected no claims bonus...

Most things seem to me to affect renewal - Insurers seem to emphasise things that won't affect the discount, in the hope their customers will lose sight of the possible effect on future premiums.

In the past I've been told a windscreen claim has been part of the reason for a premium increase, plus in 2001 and 2002 I had two serious collisions, the first causing an 11 month old car to be very close to being written off (I'm sure if it had been over 12 months they would have written it off, but the policy paid for a new car if the write-off was during the first year) and in the second my car (a different one I'd only had 6 months) was written off.

Both incidents were adjudged 100% the other parties' fault, and I also had NCD protection, but my premium almost doubled at the next renewal and didn't settle down until about the third year after.

• Like 1

PeteB yes someone who knows insurance ncb yes you are only protecting your discount making a claim will increase your premium believe me it will so for what it cost ie less than £1 a week it’s money well spent ncb is a discount that’s what is protected the discount 

mike169 marlinleg yes it’s phil here 😀 I used to have a marlin- kit car  last 3 letters of the reg was leg so marlinleg as a user name 🥴 but thank you for asking. Regarding aa Gold my bank nationwide flex’s plus i get 3% on account balance ,breakdown insurance with European cover and recovery world wide health cover. mobil phone lose cover, identity theft, commission free cash withdrawals abroad . This costs £10 per month= £120 less the interest I earn with the bank = so I get all that for  £36 a year 😀

• Like 1

Hi Phillip.

On a similar track to your comment I am with OVO Energy for my Gas and Electricity.

If you have a credit balance with then anything up to £1000.00 they pay 3% for the first 3 years and 5% if you are still a customer with then after them.

I have been with them many years now, their customer service is 2nd to none and I just leave £1000.00 in my account incase I ever get short of money so to speak and 5% of course is much better than a bank. 

Anyone who wants to join up with them give me a message as we both will get a 'kick-back' of about £30.00 each lol if I recommend you.

Regards. Mike.

On my comment above beware the is a company called Shark (OVO) Energy, they are nothing to do with OVO and just using their name as they have a good reputation but they have a very bad reputation with their customers and even have a page on Facebook called Shark Energy (OVO) Rouge Traders with many horror stories on it from customers.

Mike.