Sign in to follow this  
Southern Softy

2019 RAV 4 - Which Touch 2 Navigation To Download

Recommended Posts

Southern Softy,

Thank you very much. I'll visit them tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told all would be up to date on handover! which is tomorrow. Will report back when I find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me but I'm truly not good at techy stuff... Am I right in thinking I need the My Toyota app to register vehicle and get these downloads? If so which version and then what? Lol can someone outline necessary process in plain English that I may have a hope of getting this done???  Thanks in advance of any help.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setup a myToyota account https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

connect your phone to you're Touch2, tap on one of the apps it will ask you to log in, use the email and password that you used to setup your myToyota account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 1:17 PM, Ezcritique said:

Forgive me but I'm truly not good at techy stuff... Am I right in thinking I need the My Toyota app to register vehicle and get these downloads? 

you don't need an app (although 1 is available), but you do need a MyToyota account as per flash22 above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god.. How ridiculously hard is this thing to set up....?? Managed to connect via WiFi hot-spot on my phone but cannot seem to update anything... The mytoyota app allows me to login but do not a lot else.. Perpetual loop of doom to a basic index on Toyota website... Grr this could and should be a lot easier than it is.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I have actually tried to update/refresh this "infotainment" and failed miserably I can only conclude that it is to coin a Scottish phrase "utter pish!!".. "Woefully inadequate" , "antiquated" and other such terms used to describe Touch2 barely do justice to just how terrible it is.... Gawd... But at least it's pretty much my only moan about the Rav 😄(so far) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree, not a great user experience. 

When I booked mine in with my local dealer to assist in setting everything up ( supplying dealer had not bothered as it is a lease car ) the techie could not help as he had not been on the course yet ! 
 

I would urge any private buyers not to drive off of the forecourt until they are happy that everything has been set up to their satisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, Southern Softy said:

I would urge any private buyers not to drive off of the forecourt until they are happy that everything has been set up to their satisfaction.

Until the car can except over the air updates, you won't be able to fully set up the car until you get home!

I found the set up a bit fiddly, but now it's easy to update the sat nav.  The bit that Toyota seem to forget to tell people is to verify your car/multimedia on the My Toyota website prior to logging in on the car.  You then have to 'buy' a 3 year package online (which will come back as £0.00 once you get to checkout) before you can download an update.

I'm sure it would be easier for dealers to have the USB sticks that you can put in your car to update the sat nav without all of the faff!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 6:29 PM, duncerduncs said:

Until the car can except over the air updates, you won't be able to fully set up the car until you get home!

I found the set up a bit fiddly, but now it's easy to update the sat nav.  The bit that Toyota seem to forget to tell people is to verify your car/multimedia on the My Toyota website prior to logging in on the car.  You then have to 'buy' a 3 year package online (which will come back as £0.00 once you get to checkout) before you can download an update.

I'm sure it would be easier for dealers to have the USB sticks that you can put in your car to update the sat nav without all of the faff!

 

 

I couldn't agree more... However in the meantime can someone outline in detail or point me in the direction of some easy to follow instructions as I'm at a loss here and cannot faff around trying repeatedly to get the better of this..  Thanks in advance of any assistance.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure that your supplying dealer has registered your car, without that you are stuck, once that is done it should say “ connected ! “ on the main Toyota website if you have registered and logged in.

If you are not showing as “ connected “ then any dealer should be able to do it for you, it happens overnight . 
 

Have you got that far ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope it's a Fleet car so I guess it's off to my local dealership to remedy.... Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, again.

@ Southern Softy

Thanks for your question, but the answer is still negative. Nothing solved yet.

Talking to some of the regional Toyota guys for days and weeks, but as I see - they have no idea what's wrong. BTW, there is newest update at toyota-tech.eu, and there is no more MMToy device, just MM17 & MM19 (where 18 disappeared... as well as MMToy ... :D).

I've tried to update all with those new files, but the result was the same - validation passes, but then receive identical Error about incompatibility of my device ID and Request code. Firstly, I was thinking it's some software mess, but now I think it's up to hardware and incompatibility of my navigation module and the rest of Multimedia device. There is one more strange thing in my case, and it's the name and version of the MM device. As I can see at My Toyota, my MM device is as described previously - Toyota Touch 2 & Go Plus MMToy17. But, my vehicle is from 2019. By my logic, NAV module should be at least 2018...

Since maps are related to NAV module, I think there is some mess between that module and newest maps. I will try to check is it possible to update some new vehicle in dealer's shop. If that happen successfully, then they were installed incompatible NAV module in my car and will must to replace that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Denzax said:

Hi all, again.

@ Southern Softy

Thanks for your question, but the answer is still negative. Nothing solved yet.

Talking to some of the regional Toyota guys for days and weeks, but as I see - they have no idea what's wrong. BTW, there is newest update at toyota-tech.eu, and there is no more MMToy device, just MM17 & MM19 (where 18 disappeared... as well as MMToy ... :D).

I've tried to update all with those new files, but the result was the same - validation passes, but then receive identical Error about incompatibility of my device ID and Request code. Firstly, I was thinking it's some software mess, but now I think it's up to hardware and incompatibility of my navigation module and the rest of Multimedia device. There is one more strange thing in my case, and it's the name and version of the MM device. As I can see at My Toyota, my MM device is as described previously - Toyota Touch 2 & Go Plus MMToy17. But, my vehicle is from 2019. By my logic, NAV module should be at least 2018...

Since maps are related to NAV module, I think there is some mess between that module and newest maps. I will try to check is it possible to update some new vehicle in dealer's shop. If that happen successfully, then they were installed incompatible NAV module in my car and will must to replace that.

MM = Multimedia

The number denotes what system software, for example:

MM11 = Touch & Go

MM13 = Touch & Go 2

MM16 = Late Touch & Go 2

MM17 = Current Touch & Go 2 as installed in NG Prius, NG Corolla, NG Rav4, NG Camry & Lexus

MM19 = Latest system with Carplay/Andriod auto in C-HR and coming to new models as they launch

The number is effectively the year if introduction however its only since MM17 that Toyota started using the MM## denomination to differentiate systems to dealers and customers alike.

Could you post a picture of the Software update screen on your Rav?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOLVED!!

Well... I'm embarrassed now, like somebody with 20 years of IT experience and because I didn't realize it earlier... But, I'm also glad that, after almost 2 months of communication with Toyota guys, I was the one who realized what was the problem 😄

So, the issue is not related to toyota-tech.eu, or to hardware, or to software, but to - f...g FONT they used in the car system.

For all of you who are getting earlier mentioned Error at toyota-tech.eu after entering the Device ID & Request code, the solution to solve it is extremely simple.

So, if your Device ID looks something like this, e.g. PUIefRlcq@@SqR2818, pay attention to letters marked with red in the code.

If you considering them as small "L" as I did, then you're maybe wrong.  In my case the first one was actually the capitalize "i" ( I ), and the second one was small "L" ( l ).

The font used in the system shows those 2 letters on the same way - I (i) - l (L).

So, the solution, if you have these characters in your Device ID code, is to try with typing capitalize " i " instead of small " L ". Try with replacing them one by one.

In my case the first " l " was actually the big " i ", and the second one was the small " L " ( l ). After this combination - voila! I got Activation key and successfully updated navigation 😄

I hope this will help to all of you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Den,

I am glad you got there in the end but this shows the weakness with Toyota tech, it should be made clear by them, how are we supposed to guess this especially if some of us are not so tech savvy as others. It reminds me of old Microsoft operating systems from about 30 years ago !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think it's not much different with other car producers. All of them jump into some tricky and minor mistake at some point. The only problem here is actually related to not knowing how to solve it.

But, on the other hand and looking from IT point of view, things like this one are usually the most difficult to see. It's so minor and stupid thing that 99% of people simply cannot see. I'm not some special exclusion here. Obviously, since I needed almost two months to realize this 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, flash22 said:

Setup a myToyota account https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

connect your phone to you're Touch2, tap on one of the apps it will ask you to log in, use the email and password that you used to setup your myToyota account

Well I am getting nowhere with all this. I created an account, even validated the car successfully using the data from the registration document. Managed to 'buy' the free map update in my basket, now everything is validated I can see some available apps etc on the MyToyota website.

So when I connect my car to my phone on a wifi share (also tried directly to my house wifi no difference) car shows its connected fine.

I put into the car the same MyToyota account log-in and password details I used to register my My toyota account.

The only app I see is the estore, if I click on it, it goes away to think for 30 seconds then comes back with 'Service Provider Unavailable, check your internet connection'

Eh? there is plenty of internet connection on either source.

Anyone seen anything like this?.. its a really over complex system that makes you jump through a lot of hoops.

(PS a few days ago when I was playing with it, the e-store did appear to download an update to itself)

arav1_154251.thumb.jpg.2af9cb043222ea84acc2249a3e4100b4.jpgarav2_154251.thumb.jpg.a73ca8bb4e948daa90f4f5b925cbee2d.jpgarav3_154251.thumb.jpg.e68239ed8c22d2efab14e7c95bd7fde5.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you register your touch2 on the my toyota site ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hold out much hope with this when Toyoda can’t even get the app to work on order tracker 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Did you register your touch2 on the my toyota site ?

Yes I did. It shows it now as 

Your device: ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy

Multimedia device ID: HRh....................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

Yes I did. It shows it now as 

Your device: ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy

Multimedia device ID: HRh....................

Map updates are not over the air they are via download to PC then PC to USB and finally USB to car, the free purchase of the the map update should include a download link, download to your PC the compressed file then extract the file to the root of an empty 16GB USB once this is done go to the car "start" it into ready mode let the headunit boot then plug in the USB and wait for the onscreen prompts.

To get your download, log in to Mytoyota, go to estore then purchases where you should see your free 2019V2 map purchase, select this and you should see 3 tabs : Print activation code ( note the code you will need it ) Download to USB & Download instructions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Map updates are not over the air they are via download to PC then PC to USB and finally USB to car, the free purchase of the the map update should include a download link, download to your PC the compressed file then extract the file to the root of an empty 16GB USB once this is done go to the car "start" it into ready mode let the headunit boot then plug in the USB and wait for the onscreen prompts.

To get your download, log in to Mytoyota, go to estore then purchases where you should see your free 2019V2 map purchase, select this and you should see 3 tabs : Print activation code ( note the code you will need it ) Download to USB & Download instructions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah ha! well that was pretty obtusely hidden by Toyota. THANK YOU DEVON!

I will give it a go tomorrow having downloaded and unpacked to a stick, quite a big stick!

I also downloaded the estore app as I might try reinstalling that if possible although it seems to be the same version as what mine auto updated (over air) to the other day.

I am still concerned why this estore app doesn't connect as above.

I see now in my 'purchases' about 10 apps I apparently have such as speed camera data, Google search, google street view ect. I don't see these on the media unit. I am guessing they are part of the map/nav software?

To be honest I have not played with the nav at all, my trusty TomTom is pretty infallible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this