Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cool boot mat or not?

Steve

I got fed up with the thin floor on my 2016 Rav4, every time i put the pushchair in the floor in the boot felt a little cheap and also not something i wanted to get dirty.

So I made a boot mat from Axminster Carpet, edged it in black and now looks smart (if you like tartan)

I am gonna do the rest of the mats, throw those cheap ass mats out and have some quality in there. Will update when done.

20190714_193036.jpg

20190714_193010.jpg

• Like 1

My wife comes from Aberdeen can't wait for Scotland's independence, we build the wall back up and all Scots go back and they take their skirts (tartan) with them, buy a proper rubber fitted mat you cheapskate...

LOl.. carpet costs more than the rubber one LOL. but how boring is having just rubber

I'll take it out if they build the wall lol

It will be confiscated when they have another referendum, let them use our English coinage, they vote for independence we and YOU get banned from using tartan... if you have to ask cool or not... you know the answer.. the last cool thing I saw in tartan was Geoff Capes...

• Haha 1

I really like the work put into it, especially the edge, looks really neatly done.

Personally i'd prefer the rubber one since it's easier to clean, esp if you have dogs.

Hi Steve.

When I read your post I thought' oh another DIY job but when I saw the quality and finish of your tartan it looks very, very good, highly impressed. Mike.

When i do the fronts it should look good. These are easy to clean as its 100% polypropylene.

i may get a rubber mat in the winter for muddy pram wheels. Mainly i wanted the carpet for the passengers but added boot in the mix. wanted it to look nice quality. would be better if i had leather

@the fox will i have to hand my chequered shirts over? 😄

I know carpet has pile which tends to lean one way, I was just wondering what point of the compass may items placed on it would migrate to if centrifugal or lateral force  came in to play during driving.🙂

1 minute ago, crofter said:

I know carpet has pile which tends to lean one way, I was just wondering what point of the compass may items placed on it would migrate to if centrifugal or lateral force  came in to play during driving.🙂

never really thought about that, i have a cargo net but not sure if things slide. 

Hi Steve.

I don't know if you have got or don't know about but Toyota do a fitted rubber/plastic liner for the boot with about an inch raised edge, great for pram wheels, wet wellies and so on.

Of course it is a perfect fit and I am well pleased I bought one.

Mike.

I have had the plastic ones before

I wanted the quality mats for the summer. will get a tray mat in the autmn mate

just did not like the flimsy back floor of the boot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links