Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof bars and tow hitches

Limpy Harries

Anyone fitted their own Roof Rack & tow hitches ? 

Need the rack to carry a bike but too new for the reg number to work for suggested sets.

As for hitch ..... well was handy on the other car and do have cycle rack to go on it but wonder how much hassle it is ???

Hi Limpy Harries, I haven't got my car yet but I have looked at roof bars for it as I will need a roof box for our days away (dog takes the whole boot). I believe the Thule kit to use is, foot pack = 753 and fitting kit = 3177 and which ever bars you use. Hopefully this is the correct kit, but as you say its hard to find as they are so new.

Capture.PNG

As for Tow bar, Toyota offer

Fixed and either vertical or horizontal detachable towbar with choice of either 7 or 13 pin harness

Just fitted roof bars to mine on the basis I would need it to fit all of my camping gear into the car. Turns out the car was so large it swallowed everything! Not sure if I'm allowed to say where I got them from but the site had roof and boxes in the name, they had the 2019 toyota rav-4 in their lookup tables. Chose Cruz Optiplus steel bar variant. Not the prettiest fitting, but fitted well and perfect for the aluminium tray that I purchased for it from eBay. The main problem for me was the fixed bar position, which meant my existing foldable roof box couldn't be fitted. (Bars too far apart) 

• Thanks 1