Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 filler cap cord

Paulr117

Not sure if this has been asked before but I've got a 54 reg petrol Rav4 and the plastic filler cap cord, that connects to the back of the fuel flap, has snapped. I've tried to replace it with a short piece of thin garden wire but haven't been successful. Can you buy these without having to get the cap as well and if so from where?

Try sending Parts-King a personal message, include details of your car (reg.no as a minimum), and ask the question.

Hi Paul.

If you have any trouble contacting The Parts King please feel free to come back to me for his contact details.

Regards, Mike.

Ok thanks. I just messaged him but he was unable to help as I need to get a new filler cap which comes with the cord as you can't buy it separately. 

Hi Paul, I thought that would be the answer but if you don't ask you don't know.

Out of curiosity did you ask the price of a new cap, some Toyota parts can be silly expensive and others reasonable.

Regards, Mike.

No I didn't bother to ask about a new cap. I'll probably just make do as it is or maybe try to get one from a breakers yard if I can get one in a good condition.

In fairness, it’s a convenience rather than a necessity. If it really bothers you, then a full new cap is £13 delivered on eBay, a used one is about half that.

That's very true Avalon. Maybe i'll just make do without it as probably many other Rav4 owners do.