Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4.2 parking brake plates

Chris MacBean

So, the back end has been rumbling for a while, and it failed the MOT for rusted brake discs, so I thought I would drop eveything out across the back axle and replace what's needed.

bearings were rusted into their carriers, with nothing shifting them, are there cheap oem LH/RH parking brake plates kicking about somewhere? 

Cheers. 

You mean brake shoes? All the usual suspects produce them and they’re cheap (£12 upwards depending on brand), grab a spring/clip kit while you’re at if the existing ones are past it as again they’re cheap (£8+). Are you sure they actually need replacing? It’s just I have 120K in my existing set and they still have loads of life left as they literally clamp to the inner disc hub so shouldn’t really wear.

If you are after back plates for this model it's a no I'm afraid, I have been looking for pattern parts for ages, don't know why someone on this forum takes up the challenge and make some The cost last time I looked if my memory is correct was £90 a pair.

Hi Alex, Brian,

Not the pads, but the plate and bracket that sits between the trailing arm and wheel bearing, Just spoken to Jonny and Liam at Parts Kings and was quoted £625.84......each. 

Crazy price for some tin and pressed steel. 

Genuine Rav 4.2 back-plates at around £230 each. Still expensive but a considerable saving over dealer price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-RAV4-00-05-PAIR-OF-REAR-PARKING-BRAKE-PLATE-DUST-COVER-LH-RH/323549375544?hash=item4b550bac38:g:FDcAAOSwgGZb7A~B

As per the thread I bumped a few weeks back with the price update/eBay availability, just do as seemingly everyone else already does and run without them. It’s ironically cheaper to import them from Japan inc. duties/VAT than source them from a franchise dealer.

Thanks All, 

I picked them up from these guys. 

https://www.nipponautospares-onlinestore.com

UKP460 all in....

ordered on Thursday before 2pm BST, already fitted less than 24 hours since.

Now just to rebuild the brakes, refit the hub bearings, reset the bearing on the replaced prop shaft, MOT, then France for 3 weeks from next Thursday. 

Happy Days. 

🙂

• Like 1

JapParts/NipParts/BluePrint are either OE level suppliers to most of the Jap brands or buy from the JDM producers who are and re-sell under umbrella brands in the EU. Your local independent factor or the internet is your friend 😉