Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help finding a new tyre

Iian88

I have a Corolla Touring Sports Icon Tech 1.8 Hybrid. I've had the car just over a week now and already I've found a screw in the rear tyre which is annoying!!

The screw is right on the outer edge of the tread and can't be repaired so I need a new tyre already. My local tyre place can't find a matching Bridgestone or similar, they even tried calling Bridgestone.

Does anyone know were I can get a tyre of the same spec as the Bridgestones.

The car has the standard wheels which from memory is 16 inch. The tyre spec is 205/55R16 91V

Thanks. 

Thats really unfortunate and must be so frustrating!

Do you know what the name of the Bridgestone is?

In the past I used sites such as BlackCircles and TyresOntheDrive, you can input your tyre size and select the brand. In the case of Black circles you can choose where it gets fitted and Tyresonthedrive will come and fit the tyre at home//work for you.

4 minutes ago, Iian88 said:

The screw is right on the outer edge of the tread and can't be repaired so I need a new tyre already.

It probably can be repaired but you need to find one of the very few companies that can do proper, vulcanised repairs (these are often companies that mostly deal with commercial tyres which can run into the thousands of pounds so are repaired if at all possible).

& you need to have a spare for whilst it is in being repaired (big, expensive to run oven so they often build up a large batch rather than doing small nos.).

If you don't find an outfit who can vulcanise it as above, then the size of tyre you need to buy is one of the most popular sizes available!  An upside to that is that the prices are very reasonable.  In case you didn't know, that Bridgestone (that you can't find in stock) is priced at from £59 fitted etc. from these bods:-

https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/car-tyres/results

I have no idea what stock they hold, or if any of their depots are very near you.  But they currently have an online voucher (google it) for another £2 off at the online checkout for all tyres.

I have no link to the company whatsoever (perhaps I should look into this!), but I did post this about 4 hours ago -

If nothing else, you could use these people's price as a bargaining tool to get the price down somewhere else?

You can fix it yourself with tyre puncture repair kit of Amazon or eBay, right at the edge it’s no problem, only can’t repair it at the wall. Other option for you is to get a spray can that is for temporary repair , leave the screw in, get the tyre low on pressure and use the spray bottle to pump in some air and glue like mixture that will seal the gap between the screw and the rubber, set it to the spec pressure and here you go. Can drive like that till get your tyres low and need replacement. 

CAR VAN TYRE TIRE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT WITH 15 STRIPS BESTSELLER https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ISFJVSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YuBmDb1QSDG1Q

3X EMERGENCY FLAT TYRE FIX SPRAY INFLATE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WWKHPWR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_TvBmDbE07T6EZ

44 minutes ago, Gerg said:

If you don't find an outfit who can vulcanise it as above, then the size of tyre you need to buy is one of the most popular sizes available!  An upside to that is that the prices are very reasonable.  In case you didn't know, that Bridgestone (that you can't find in stock) is priced at from £59 fitted etc. from these bods:-

https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/car-tyres/results

I have no idea what stock they hold, or if any of their depots are very near you.  But they currently have an online voucher (google it) for another £2 off at the online checkout for all tyres.

I have no link to the company whatsoever (perhaps I should look into this!), but I did post this about 4 hours ago -

If nothing else, you could use these people's price as a bargaining tool to get the price down somewhere else?

Thanks for the link.

F1 autocentres is where I'm trying to get the tyre from but they can't seem to find one, I'll try pointing them to their website maybe that'll help.