Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 avensis t22 d4d rear fog light problem

cgmstone

Hi all 

I have a 2002 t22 d4d avensis and I cannot get rear fog light to work I have changed bulbs,fuses and relays and still nothing and no dash light showing me they are on either

When I take relay out and check socket with fase tester I am getting permanent power in one terminal all times with no ignition or lights on but when I try ignition or lights on it just stays the same 

And also if I short the fog lights across from the side lights at the rear light cluster the fogs come not a bother so that's rules out the rear clusters 

Any help would be muchly appreciated as it is baffling me totally 

Regards CGM

Have you got a tow bar fitted ? As a Trailer electric socket has a circuit break in it so the cars fog is disabled when a trailer is connected this is usually a small pin switch which can get stuck and then disables the rear fog light 

Hi devon aygo 

Yea I have a towbar fitted but I have not connected the wire for the fog light (blue wire) so cant see how it can affect it and the fog light was not working before I fitted the towbar

Just an update 

I have found there is no permanent power going to the rear fog light relay but I looped power from the front fog light relay to the rear fog light relay switched on rear fogs and they are working so it seems to be a case of no permanent power going to the relay to switch it on so obviously the problem is from the relay forward has anyone any ideas how to sort this as this fix will get me through MOT but would rather have it fixed correctly 

Regards CGM

Ref