Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Cutting out issues

Nasher328

Hi,

I am hoping someone might be able to assist with the issue we are having with our Verso.

It is a 2010 2.2dcat automatic and it has an issue where is seemingly randomly keeps on cutting out. Sometimes it will jolt and a "oil service required" notice appears on the dash. Other times it will completely cut out and the dash lights will all go out. When this happens you cannot start the car until all the lights come back to life, sometimes this can be 2-3 minutes and other times it can be 30 minutes or more. Recently the AA had to get called out because it took 30 mins and showed no signs of coming back to life. When this happens the radio and all the windows still work as normal! 

The AA man said he could find no issues with it and my mechanic also said everything looked fine but the car seemed to be loosing connection with the ECU, he adjusted the Battery terminals which made no improvement and separately on other advice I had the fuel filter changed and put some diesel additive in which seems to have helped but the cutouts are still occurring... just not as frequently it seems.

Does anyone have any ideas before I take it to Toyota themselves as two mechanics so far seem to have no ideas on the issue. A bit concerning that Toyota will charge to scan whereas two other mechanics have already scanned it and it did not help resolve the issue

Fault Codes are attached:

Thanks all!

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0698.jpeg

You have fault codes:

U0100 Where the ABS,VSC,TRC,Electric PAS, Air con & Main body ECU cannot communicate with the Engine control unit " Lost Communication with ECM/PCM "A"

U0101 Where the Main body ECU cannot communicate with the TCM ECU ( Transmission ECU ) "Lost Communication with TCM"

U0151 Where the Main body ECU cannot communicate with the Restraints ECU "Lost Communication with Restraints Control Module"

All of these communication issues suggest a wiring issue, but where could be PITA to find 

Thanks for the response.

Any suggestion on whether this type of issue is better being looked at by an auto electrician or by Toyota themselves??

thanks

Hello. I would encourage you to take it to Toyota. They charge around £60 for diagnostic work and they offer discount on repairs.

i had a different problem but I also took it to two garages, each gave me a different cause and a different repair price. Toyota diagnosed the problem as EGR valve blocked and they cleaned it and the car is running smoothly now. They did this repair with the diagnostics at £116 while the garages wanted to charge as much as £500 for filter and injectors work which wasn’t needed. 

Sometimes Toyota mechanic is cheaper than others.

all the best.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links