Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cannot connect to the internet with Toyota Touch 2 Go

orion83uk

Hi, hoping someone can advise.

I have a 2017 Prius Business Edition+ with the Toyota Touch 2 Go system. I cannot get it to connect to the internet via my phone.

My phone connects via bluetooth no problem for 'phone' and 'music (and works as expected), but as soon as I select the connect for internet option, it will try for about 1 second, then just come up with "Sorry connection has failed".

I have mobile hotspot enabled as instructed - which works perfectly on my phone when I use it with other devices. I have also registered my car on the MyToyota page.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks.

Yes. It is nothing to do with having a "mobile hotspot" enabled. Your phone needs to be tethering via the bluetooth link (see screenshot)

Screenshot_20190721-164817.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Yes. It is nothing to do with having a "mobile hotspot" enabled. Your phone needs to be tethering via the bluetooth link (see screenshot)

Cheers CPN for that very quick response. All working perfect now 🙂

• Like 1

Excellent! (and you're very welcome 😉)

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll have a look and see if that's my 'problem' too.

Hi, I have paired 2 phones to my 2 different cars.

You have to make both devises, the car and the phone, open and search, for new devises, you only get about 3 minutes and your car screen with say do you want to pair with say Samsung Touch Touch and Go, just press 'yes' and it's done. Takes about 5 minutes maximum.

Good luck, Mike. 

If Stuart had the same 'problem' as me, the phones were satisfactorily paired, in order to be connected for phone and audio - it's just that missing bit on linking

via bluetooth to the Internet. I'll have another go with my two phones and see if this solution will work for me too.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Thank goodness for this website to help each other.

The big minus is usually we live so far apart otherwise i'd come and do it for you.

Good luck to ALL.

Mike.

• Like 1

Hi All again.

If you have the facilities can you send a photo of your radio/sat nav and perhaps I can talk you through it via a phone call.

Regards, Mike.

You also should be able to connect to the mobile hot spot via wireless connection.

Tethering by bluetooth was the culprit for me, too.

Many thanks....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike169 said:

Hi all.

Thank goodness for this website to help each other.

The big minus is usually we live so far apart otherwise i'd come and do it for you.

Good luck to ALL.

Mike.

It could be a nice summer evening trip up to Aberdeenshire  😁

7 hours ago, kithmo said:

You also should be able to connect to the mobile hot spot via wireless connection.

I wasn't aware that the Prius head unit has WiFi?

Mine has - but I not connected yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CPN said:

I wasn't aware that the Prius head unit has WiFi?

Yes, that's what I use when I'm near a hot spot or on the drive at home as I don't have a data plan with my phone.

• Thanks 1

Keith, what do you use the WiFi connection for?  I haven’t grasped the reason for it - yet.

My head unit connects to my iPhone hotspot automatically and as far as I can tell you get access to the Toyota Apps like Weather etc. and live traffic updates.

I thought it was going to give me a google earth overlay to the sat nav, but you can only get google earth images when you are stationary which seems pointless.

Also I thought the car created its own hotspot when connected, but from what I can tell people just jump onto my phones hotspot.

I may be missing other things I can do, but thats what I use it for.  I know I can connect to my home network from the garage, but I dont see the point of that.  Any data transfer for updates etc would probably be quicker using a USB stick?

• Like 1

Joe, I used to use it very occasionally for looking at the apps and downloading Nav routes created on MyToyota journey planner on my PC. The apps have expired now (apart from a couple of free ones I think) so I can only use it for downloading the routes, although as Stephen said it's actually quicker using a USB stick. 

• Like 1

Hi.

To those that are interested via an app. on my phone I often use Waze as a route planner.

It's a free app. and is very good and fast at re-routing you if say there are roadworks ahead, a traffic jam etc, etc.

I find the Toyota's own sat nav very good but I think Waze is a tad better and the graphic's are excellent.

Regards, Mike.

• 1 year later...

hello..i have touch & go 2 in my toyota auris...i connect my mobile via bluetooth...when i call or i receive a call ,i hear them but they don't hear me..any suggections?Thanks!

1 hour ago, virus said:

hello..i have touch & go 2 in my toyota auris...i connect my mobile via bluetooth...when i call or i receive a call ,i hear them but they don't hear me..any suggections?Thanks!

During a call go to settings > Volume and ensure outgoing volume is turned up.

Similar setup: 2016 BusEd+ with Touch 2 Go and Galaxy S9. I use this little app to turn the tethering on and off without faffing around with settings as the phone sometimes forgets:

Works fine.

And this to set the volume on the phone whenever it connects to Touch 2 Go.

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, CPN said:

Hi, 

I own a 2019 Corola with Toyota Touch 2  system. I cannot get it to connect to the internet via my iPhone.

There is no option for tethering via the bluetooth link on iPhone so I think it should be connectrd via WIFI hotspot.

It connects perfectly to the hotspot on my iPhone but there is no internet connection.

My phone connects via bluetooth  with no problem for 'phone' and 'music (and works as expected)

I have mobile hotspot enabled which works perfectly on my phone when I use it with other devices.

Does anyone have any advice?

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, CPN said:

I have this enabled but still get same message.

15 minutes ago, BradleyHunt said:

I have this enabled but still get same message.

Some network providers don't permit tethering of any kind... Perhaps yours is one of them?

You haven't specified in your profile what type of Toyota that you have and its model year?