Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Servicing UK?

luckydenvermint

Yea, plus OP says the car is 1.5 years old which puts it late 20/early 21 so even more unlikely!

On 5/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

From memory, for any services due during the first lockdown (March 2019-June 2019), they allowed these to be done late (ie after garages re-opened on 4th June 2019). However the next service would have been due as per the original schedule.

For example if a service was originally due on 1st April 2019, it could have been carried out after the 4th June 2019, but the next service would still have been due 1st April 2020.

Lockdown was 2020 onwards

Just had my 3 years/intermediate service and MOT for my 2.0L HB

- passed MOT

- just an advisory on the front wipers as noted making smears already but did changed it. Not bad as it lasted 3 years compared to my Auris, which only lasted 2 years

-ask for a tyre rotation- now my Good years EG 2 now on rear and Falkens in front. And immediately noticed the difference whilst driving, in terms of driving, noise and cornering. Really need to change these falkens but gotta save first as its still quite thick and would probably last for another year.  

- seems Toyota been doing some aircon/ ventilation checks which deals with filtration and bacterial contamination - been qouted 275£ probably because of the pandemic? Maybe? Opted not to have it as I havent got any issue with the AC and heater, nil foul smell noted, maybe in due time. Maybe there is another way of changing the filter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auris2010 said:

Just had my 3 years/intermediate service and MOT for my 2.0L HB

- passed MOT

- just an advisory on the front wipers as noted making smears already but did changed it. Not bad as it lasted 3 years compared to my Auris, which only lasted 2 years

-ask for a tyre rotation- now my Good years EG 2 now on rear and Falkens in front. And immediately noticed the difference whilst driving, in terms of driving, noise and cornering. Really need to change these falkens but gotta save first as its still quite thick and would probably last for another year.  

- seems Toyota been doing some aircon/ ventilation checks which deals with filtration and bacterial contamination - been qouted 275£ probably because of the pandemic? Maybe? Opted not to have it as I havent got any issue with the AC and heater, nil foul smell noted, maybe in due time. Maybe there is another way of changing the filter.  

Ac need regas once every 3-4 years and if you are using it a lot perhaps 2-3 years. Pollen filter is easy job and I can recommend to change at 10k miles or 12 months max opposite to what manufacturer recommended 24 months or 20k miles. Here done yesterday my gf car that turned 1 year old and covered only 8k miles. The difference is day and night, plus filter is cheap and btw all the air coming into the cabin filtrates through this filter. 👍 Blueprint air and cabin filters are one of the best price - quality ratio, available through eBay and Amazon. 👌

EDCAE877-5F7C-4FFF-B13E-8BFF57482F7D.jpeg

9244093A-DBD6-4F11-AD0D-E6BCC25DDE2B.jpeg

• Like 1

On the contrary, air con only needs topped up when it is low on gas. My Avensis went 13 years without a top up. I’m also using a 12 year old SEAT Leon that has never been topped up and works perfectly.
The dark filter in the picture looks like it is an “activated” filter.  The are not all activated as the blue one would appear not to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stivino said:

On the contrary, air con only needs topped up when it is low on gas. My Avensis went 13 years without a top up. I’m also using a 12 year old SEAT Leon that has never been topped up and works perfectly.
The dark filter in the picture looks like it is an “activated” filter.  The are not all activated as the blue one would appear not to be.

It’s not activated filter, simple white paper one. The black stuff is tail pipe emissions (carbon deposits and other particles). It does smell of petrol fumes too. Here from my car exactly the same filters old vs new blueprints. 👍

0A44AAFF-2508-49E9-BEA0-3A3394950395.jpeg

F4D8E4FE-04A2-4AE8-B523-EC8C4E3B2728.jpeg

• Haha 1

Is this the cabin filter which is found behind the glove box? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auris2010 said:

Is this the cabin filter which is found behind the glove box? 

Yes , that’s the one. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks

Yup I agree easy job to be done

it seems dealers have a new ways of getting money of customers. Probably because of Covid it seems they are promoting air conditioning decontamination service as well. Which consist of evaporator decontamination,pollen, filter housing clean and replacement pollen filter, seems a good cause but cost way a lot. 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Ac need regas once every 3-4 years and if you are using it a lot perhaps 2-3 years. Pollen filter is easy job and I can recommend to change at 10k miles or 12 months max opposite to what manufacturer recommended 24 months or 20k miles. Here done yesterday my gf car that turned 1 year old and covered only 8k miles. The difference is day and night, plus filter is cheap and btw all the air coming into the cabin filtrates through this filter. 👍 Blueprint air and cabin filters are one of the best price - quality ratio, available through eBay and Amazon. 👌

EDCAE877-5F7C-4FFF-B13E-8BFF57482F7D.jpeg

9244093A-DBD6-4F11-AD0D-E6BCC25DDE2B.jpeg

Bloody hell and I thought mine got dirty :laugh: 

It actually does look like the activated charcoal one!!! :laugh: 

Just now, Cyker said:

!Removed! hell and I thought mine got dirty :laugh: 

It actually does look like the activated charcoal one!!! :laugh: 

Hahah, we can say it’s  carbon charcoal  but activated by myself and my driving 😂👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

been qouted 275£ probably because of the pandemic? Maybe? Opted not to have it as I havent got any issue with the AC and heater, nil foul smell noted, maybe in due time. Maybe there is another way of changing the filter.

Bear in mind that the newer, supposedly more environmentally friendly, HFO-1234yf gas fitted to new cars from 2014 (depending on the manufacturer), is a lot more expensive than the previous R134a gas

• Like 1

Yeah, that stuff is insanely expensive as there is a near-monopoly on its production and licencing so they can limit supply and charge what they like for it. The worst thing is it isn't even really that much better for the environment but is a lot more dangerous as it's more flammable than 134 and in a really bad fire (Like, say, one caused by a lithium battery) decomposes into hydrogen fluoride which is a really scary gas! :eek: 

I kinda wish Toyota would have gone down the CO2 route as it's, ironically, much better for the environment and ozone layer etc. The only downside with CO2 is the system needs to be at a much higher pressure to work so it would have to be engineered to a much higher standard than existing 134 and 1234-based systems, which also means more expensive, but frankly I'd rather take the higher one-off upfront cost than being continually asked to bend over every time it needs a regas! I just hope the 1234 system in my Mk4 is better made than the AC system in my old Mk2...!

Currently I'm following Frosty's example and just leaving it on all the time in the hope that'll stop the seals drying out and leaks starting...!

Some are activated carbon filters and some are just ordinary paper filters.

I can buy either for my Avensis and I suppose that will apply to every car.

Usually, the carbon filter is the dark grey one and the ordinary filter whiteish.

They are activated for a reason.  And the activation doesn’t last forever.

• Like 2