Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

B9004 anyone want one?

Dwrav4.3

How popular is the B9004 head unit? 

Probably selling it,

I've got one, thinking I'm gonna replace it with a cheap Chinese touch screen unit, they're probably crap, but things have moved on since 2006 and the touch screen and nav system on b9004 is very outdated by today's offerings, I can't even get the nav to read the new dvd I bought for it, I think the lens is faulty, and you can't add any AUX input, so it's basically a double din fm / cd with bluetooth phone connectivity, but have I overlooked something because the b9004 has some quite high asking prices? 

Asking prices for the same unit is largely irrelevant when you suspect yours is faulty, generally you find they’ll read CD’s when they won’t read DVD’s, if you want a guide as to the value, look at what they’ve sold for, but it’s ultimately only worth what someone will pay for it.

I'm just wondering if they're a particular favourite for any reason or if they really are just out dated old tech, nobody would want to use a garmin satnav from 2006 so I suspected the latter until I looked at the asking price of others... 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, Dwrav4.3 said:

and you can't add any AUX input, so it's basically a double din fm / cd with Bluetooth phone connectivity, but have I overlooked something because the b9004 has some quite high asking prices? 

Oh yes you can...

Toyota itself did an input for iPod (cable) or there was a kit I got from the states that gave the ability to use playlists for an iPod or had input for 3.5mm stereo. The link is somewhere here in the archive. I got my kit in 2012 when a T180. Our XT5 has the Toyota iPod cable

And yes, my wife's 9004 blew its DVD reader and I got a unit off eBay

When we sold my T180, I swapped its 9004 for her's because it seemed to be more reliable

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links