Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.4 d4d 2007 engine cut out eml on codes p1272 p1229

alesypalsy

HI guys and girls,

New here , usually I stick with vw but have decided to go with a family hatchback Auris and now maybe thinking I made a mistake, 

brought Auris 1.4 d4d with full service history from auctions yesterday and driving back all seemed Fine, then in 3rd gear I thought would open her up and got the dreaded eml light on and loss of power, the car then cut out and I pulled over to side of dual carriage way , (lucky I did not have my family in car) as I was coasting I turned the key off and it started while I was coasting, 

so I managed to get home 50 miles in low cruise, 

I got home and plugged my vag code reader into it, its not meant for Toyotas but I managed to get the codes P1272 and P1229,    I have been sifting through thousands of different scenarios trying to figure out where to look for the problem via the google search but am drawing a blank on where to look for the cause of this problem, 

I removed a part SUCTION CONTROL VALVE as I thought maybe linked to this, part seems to be working as I could hear it click when I ut a 12v live to it while removed and sprayed with some brake cleaner, I cleared the codes and test drove car again only to get same problem again , 

could anyone give me ideas where to look next?   I called garage that had been doing the services on the car and man said he had 2 injectors that were returning diesel back, I am not hearing any diesel knock coming from any injectors and am not sure this is the actual problem , the filter was changed only 700 miles ago so any ideas here where people see to understand the workings of this engine, 

most appreciate any help

thank you 

Many thanks for the helpful links furtula,

I shall be trying to rectify this myself, could you give any hints on best place to start, I dont have access to a toyota reader so going to be difficult to do the stuff in above repairs, I wonder if it maybe worth buying a new SCV and seeing if that works?

My vag code reader has translated into what the codes would be if VW group car so I cannot be 100% they are true

IMG_7926.JPG

IMG_7925.JPG

I didn't know there is a injector 5?!   where is that located anyone know?

thanks

Thanks for the effort mike169 but as you can probably imagine I have of course tried searching the net for any information, I am here as hoping some one may have come across a fix for this , there are to many maybes and I am now considering buying a suction control valve but they cost nearly £100 so I dont want to throw money at it if it doesn't fix the problem.

I have not found the 5th injector using all the pictures over the net it seems to be something to do with the dpf so not sure at all, I did take SCV off and spray with car cleaner , when I connected to 12v I could hear it click but no idea if it is doing its job,, 

any advice most welcomed

The links i gave you are full instructions on troubleshooting, from Toyota, with step by step, so it would be beneficial to get a Toyota Techstream cable

Cable goes for around 10-15 GBP, and combined with Techstream software that you install on your laptop,  that comes with it (pirated, but you can always pay..) you can get the full on Toyota diagnostic

image.thumb.png.3f3eed5b32b01a42c83ff6a2ddcf96f2.png

You should be able to check some values in Techstream, which should more or less lead you to the cause of the problem.

I would not blindly throw cash at a part without checking diagnostic, esp since it would cost next to nothing compared to potential money spent on fixing the car.

You can get the cable on eBay and like.

5th Injector is used for DPF cleaning, it was also the culprit of the issue on the topic below.

Here's an example of some great troubleshooting using Techstream

image.png

• Thanks 1

Hi fellas , 

wonder if any one knows if this SCV is faulty from seeing the ohms?  I getting 3.6 ohms and I'm sure I read somewhere it should only be 2.2?  would any one have any idea if I am doing this correctly ?

thanks

IMG_7933.JPG

IMG_7936.JPG

42 minutes ago, furtula said:

The links i gave you are full instructions on troubleshooting, from Toyota, with step by step, so it would be beneficial to get a Toyota Techstream cable

Cable goes for around 10-15 GBP, and combined with Techstream software that you install on your laptop,  that comes with it (pirated, but you can always pay..) you can get the full on Toyota diagnostic

image.thumb.png.3f3eed5b32b01a42c83ff6a2ddcf96f2.png

You should be able to check some values in Techstream, which should more or less lead you to the cause of the problem.

I would not blindly throw cash at a part without checking diagnostic, esp since it would cost next to nothing compared to potential money spent on fixing the car.

You can get the cable on ebay and like.

5th Injector is used for DPF cleaning, it was also the culprit of the issue on the topic below.

Here's an example of some great troubleshooting using Techstream

image.png

Thanks mate, I have ordered a cable, makes sense, and I quickly looked at the link post and looks like that is the problem!  

Hi 

so after reading Toyotas pages about most common problem I feel that is could well be Pressure Regulator Valve so I have ordered a used one from eBay, cost £32,

I removed the part from my car and when I touched the connections with a 12v feed nothing happened to the part, I think it is defective, fingers crossed it sorts out the problem as I intend to use this car as the family car for a while!

Ps I also changed the fuel filter earlier today to be sure to was not that

Today I removed the sender unit from the fuel tank and the filter thing there was half full of crap, so I cleaned it with carb cleaner and put it back, the p1229 light came on about 1 min into test drive, so at least I have now eliminated fuel getting through from tank to filter to injectors, I hope I will get some luck with the pressure regulator , 

if its not this part is it possible that it could be one of the injectors causing this or would that not have a different code come up?

thanks again

Hi.

Fuel must come through lines at an ideal pressure to keep your engine running properly. A fault in the system can cause for the system to over fuel and increase pressure beyond the ideal range. The fuel system on your Toyota is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator and most problems with over fueling will come from this part, or wiring to it. When there is a problem with pressure in the system, a trouble code from the vehicle's ECM is stored; when the problem is too much pressure, the dashboard will illuminate the SES or check engine light to indicate that code P1229 has been stored in your vehicle's ECM.

The most common causes of this code are:

• Defective fuel pressure regulator
  • Fuel pressure regulator stuck open
  • Faulty wiring/fuel pump wiring
  • Faulty ECM

The symptoms of a defective fuel pressure regulator usually include a lack of fuel pressure, but it has been known to also increase fuel pressure instead. Much of the time, if your system is overloaded with fuel, the regulator is stuck open -- this causes the engine to become flooded with fuel, resulting in poor performance and backfiring. Another common culprit is the wiring for the fuel pump. If all other problems have been determined to not be at fault, it is possible, but unlikely, that the ECM is faulty. Some problems of a faulty ECM include stalling, loss of power, and erratic shifting for automatics.

Regards. Mike.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much mike, 

I ordered the pressure regulator valve last night so hopefully I receive it asap. I am narrowing down the search for the fault! I will replace this part first then if there is still trouble I will then switch the SCV,  I think that is as much as I can do,, lastly will be the injectors but hopefully it will be the pressure regulator valve, 

appreciate the time taken to reply 

thanks

• Like 1

Just forgot to mention, I disconnected the SCV cable and the car started and ran as normal, when I read the fault codes again it had another from cam tuning or something, that I cleared and disappeared when reconnected the SCV, 

I am sure I read if the car still starts as normal when the SCV is disconnected then the SCV is faulty, and should not start or run when that is disconnected, anyone know any better?

thanks

Hi my friend.

My best opinion without seeing your car is open all the windows, make sure the door locks are all unlocked and leave the drivers door open (Important) keep the keys in your trousers pocket, disconnect the Battery earth (Black) lead for 30 minutes and let things settle down. Reconnect the earth lead and see how the car is and if you have any fault codes. Before doing this reconnect any wires you have disconnected. Try and find out if your radio has a 'pass' code, sometimes 1111, or 1234, or 0000 or the last 4 figures of your chassis number and see how the car is?

Regards, Mike.

Thanks for assistance mike, I got a service book with the car and called the garage that had been servicing it,  they knew it had issue and directed me to the injectors that they say 2 of them were returning to much diesel which makes sense to me so its over feeling the rail, 

I tried a new SCV valve today and problem is still there so I have ordered 4 used injectors from bay, I am pretty sure this will be the fix and am bit peed off that Toyota with all their computers etc dont lead you to this fault without going round in circles, I had a similar problem with a vw golf around 3 months ago used to start well then splutter until warmed up, when used my cable to read it the computer instantly came up with cylinder 3 injector out of range so was very simple to change one injector, in this case the garage could not tell me which 2 injectors were faulty so I am going to change them all, 

I shall update here as I am sure from reading the net for last 5 days regarding this that a lot of people are having this problem and changing all the things as to Toyotas instructions of trouble shooting, to go straight to the injectors is probably the main cause of this 90% of the time I would say,, 

on the bright side at least I have done everything so far and the amount of crud in the fuel pick up was unreal , fingers crossed when I receive and fit the injectors it shall solve the problem 

thanks again

HI Moon.

Check with others if your injectors will need tuning into your engine and some Toyota diesel injectors I am sure do but I don't know about your engine. 

Just bolting them in could do more harm than good.

Get some more info before fitting them.

Regards, Mike.

1 hour ago, Mike169 said:

HI Moon.

Check with others if your injectors will need tuning into your engine and some Toyota diesel injectors I am sure do but I don't know about your engine. 

Just bolting them in could do more harm than good.

Get some more info before fitting them.

Regards, Mike.

thanks mike , I am sure they need coding but I have ordered the toyota tech cable so should be able to do them with that, I may just give it garage man to sort as I had enough of messing about with the car, I want to keep some love for it lol

cheers

Truth be told, you used VW diagnostic on a Toyota if i got it correctly, so you cant really blame Toyota.

The Techstream cable would give you enough data to pinpoint the problem.

As for the coding, yeah, you can do it yourself with the cable.

Just like to add to the end of this post, 

I ordered a injector run off kit from eBay , (still waiting for my tech stream cable). I also received 1 injector when I had ordered 2 !

So I found that injector 3 had much more run off then any others,  I replaced injector 3 with second hand one and took for test drive, All is solved!!!  car pulls lovely and no more EML light coming on , I am very pleased as injector cost £30 so a cheap fix, 

I have not yet coded the injector but will do when cable comes, as it is the car is running fine and I am very happy

so hope someone can learn off this!

cheers all

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

habe corolla Bj 2006   Fehler 1229

Motor geht aus beim beschleunigen unter 1400 umdrehungen   nur dann

Ansonsten ist alles in ordnug

könnte das auch iein Injektor sein ?

4 hours ago, semju said:

habe corolla Bj 2006   Fehler 1229

Motor geht aus beim beschleunigen unter 1400 umdrehungen   nur dann

Ansonsten ist alles in ordnug