Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sell or Keep Rav4 Mk1

TJE

My previous Rav4 I had for 25 years and decided an automatic was better for my dodgy knee. ^ months ago I got a 1996 Rav4 and its condition was very good. Had a bit of welding done on the last MOT, not sure why it passed the one in 2018 but my garage is extremely fussy. Unable to garage it I keep it up the drive under a Stormforce cover but it is a waste of a fantastic motor as I use her Honda CRV when I go out. Shall I sell it? Shall I keep it as it is under cover? Shall I put it in a friends secure very dry garage for a few years? I had an offer of £2500 for it but i am undecided. 

£2500 is a very good price if you don't use it. Unless it's mint and cared for properly in storage - it's not going to appreciate by much.

Thanks. I am in 2 minds. I rarely use the car, less than 50 miles a week. £2500 is a good price as he likes the side steps and rear step bar. I had a rear camera fitted with the screen behind the sun visor and dash cam. its only done 66000 miles. My mechanic suggests I have it under sealed if I keep it or put it in storage.as there is only surface rust underneath and believes it will increase in value above inflation. Maybe list on an auction site and take a gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

sell it at that price if its already had welding done