Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rough idle and egr

Patrick1234

Right so I had a problem with power and idleing issues with my Toyota auris d4d (didn't feel torquey as it should) so I decided to get a carbon clean and diagnostic.. there was an improvement with power but the lumpy idle stayed lumpy.. turns out that the lumpy idle is caused by a map sensor reading 73 atmospheric pressure on manifold input (should be in around 100, don't quote me on that) the fella that diagnosed this carried out a few tests (make sure there was no vacumm in the system) and we swapped map sensors from an avensis of my dad as they look the same.. the sensor of the avensis  read 79 on the auris ( bit of an improvement but not convinced).. we then but the original sensors back on each of the cars and tested the avensis and she read 78 on the original map sensor (strange!! both are cars reading low. They could both have faulty sensors?).. so the plan off action is replacing the  sensor on auris.. my question is should this fix the lumpy idle and would this further increase the power output(had another forum on this about it btw)? Also if it isn't the sensor what could it be??Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links