Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/C turns on automatically when shifting to reverse (2011)

toyota12311

Hey, I got a toyota land cruiser 2011, 4.0 1GR-FE (NOT prado, clear land cruiser GX.R)
I like the car so much, been pretty reliable, but now i have some issues with it.
It has 90k KM on odometer. When I shift to reverse, the car's A/C turns on automatically even though it was not on, and i didnt press anything except shifting to reverse. And the bad side of that problem is that, I can not turn it off! like i press auto, nothing. I press OFF button it doesnt stop it too. What can i do about it before going to a toyota service? did anyone had an issue like this? thank you for your time and help!

So the buttons work fine normally, but in reverse they dont?

I'd try disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes to reset it, to start from easiest possible solution.

well in normal, it does. When it is normal driving, i can turn on off and all control is mine. But shifting in reverse, even though i did not turn it on it turns on automatically. I cant turn it off with the button, too. only way is stop the engine.

Update. After driving a while, it does not stop at ALL. I can increase the flow or decrease it (middle button), i can lower it to the lowest, but when i press OFF, it just turns off the auto mode, but the A/C is still blowing. When the engine starts, it the a/c automatically starts too (not matter on what gear it is (changed) ). I try to press OFF, it just turns off that LED over the auto, but the a/c is still blowing. i held it, pressed it hard and all that but no help. I put it to its lowest level, like only 1 teeth of blow. no way to turn it off other than shutting of the engine. And ofcourse you know that useless A/C use increases fuel economy and weakens the power. I talked my service, but they said they wont be free till monday, so no luck for me

(picture is not mine just found it on google)

.step7.thumb.jpg.c9bd2dc77687518afc580ffcdf7d93cc.jpg