Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECO mode can't be turned off

sullivan

Good Day.

I have a Toyota Auris, 12 Plate, Petrol. It's not a Hybrid however it has the Eco Mode, I noticed It can't be turned off, whether I push the button, it just won't turn off.

Also since last night my dashboard remains illuminated. This is once I turn ignition off and lock the car, noticed it this morning just before I headed to work. I recorded a video to show you the issue. 

Anyone faced a similar problem, if so, what steps were taken to solve the issue. 

Thanks

A short video of the issue

I believe this problem is caused by the 'ECO run module' which is located under the bonnet next to the Battery. There is a service bulletin somewhere for this but the bottom line is that it needs to be replaced. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, Mooly said:

That's useful, took to a few local garages and none of them can identify the issue, I showed them this bulletin but again they said they are not sure if it can fix.

Would you know what the part number is for an Auris 12 plate? On the forum someone has said the below, is this correct?

Modified part number for an Auris G92C0-12021 and takes 18 minutes to replace.

I'm afraid I don't know the part numbers and the only sure fire way to know is to have a dealer lookup the part using your vehicle details and VIN code.

Did you get the number from this thread:

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/185425-toyota-auris-eco-run-converter-ecu-module-g92c0-12020/