Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto folding mirror modules

MickJo

Good evening all,

I have a 2010 Rav 4 2.2 diesel and would like to fit an auto folding mirror module to over-ride the in-out button on the centre console. There is  2013 u-tube video (American I think) where a Rav 4E is fitted with a Do Cooler module and a close-up shows the vehicle wiring plug has the same colour sequence as mine.  However the Do Cooler module appears to be no longer available.  There are lots of different modules for sale, many using the same photo but with different names. I presume that the module wiring of these is different to the Do Cooler.  Has anyone fitted any other make of module and were there any problems.?  I am drawn towards a SAXTEL make if that helps.  

Shold be beneficial, there are mentions of kits and some links to check

• 1 month later...

I fitted a £10 module from eBay to my IQ last weekend.

just need to cut the open/close wires from the switch, which then go through the module.

Splice into a permanent live, the wire for locking the doors and either the ignition on wire or door unlock wire (depending on when you want the mirrors to unfold. I chose to use the ignition as my unfolding trigger). The mirror fold/unfold switch will still operate as normal, if required.

Wasn’t as hard as I initially thought, as long as you’re handy with a multimeter.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links