Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

earth strap to nowhere hilux 3.0 d4d

hellegr

hi! 

the earth strap from pattery was hanging in the engine bay, i dont know for how long, i gues it is bolted on the engine block, but where exactly? 

sorry for my bad english

thanx

Hi, any bolt it will fit under basically as it does not really matter. Regards, Mike.

thanx mike

but, i can not find the spot on the engine that the cable attached, i infer from the cable length that is somewhare close to the starter, but i dont see any bolt missing there

can anyone picture his hilux engine  bay down between the fender and the engine on drivers side (i have the steering on the left)

Hi Periclis.

Hi, first of all where does the other end of the lead/wire go to please?

Incidentally I had a previous car and the Battery earth, black, wire snapped as the Battery was sliding left to right, I did not know this, so to get me home I used a jump lead with large crocodile clamps on the ends and clipped one end to the Battery negative terminal and the other to a lifting eye on the engine, normally used to remove the engine, and it worked well.

Incidentally what country are you in please?

Regards. Mike.

wire starts from the Battery negative terminal and together with another wire from positive terminal, those two go down between the fender and the engine, the positive wire goes directly on the starter...

where does the negative goes?

i am in Greece

thank you

It could also have been bolted to the body.  The body and the engine both need to be connected to the negative side of the Battery.

yes there is another one from negative to the body just beside the Battery

thanx

Hi Again.

Yes the big red Battery positive lead does go directly to the starter motor so you just need to find a place where the black negative lead can reach to on the engine otherwise it may overload the lead that goes from the engine and the body.

If you can find anywhere to bolt it to as the lead is too short you may have to buy another longer lead or buy an 'extension' one by bolting the two leads together making it longer and bolt the new longer now lead to the engine somewhere, preferably one with either a 17mm or 13mm headed bolt so if you do end up buying another lead make sure the ring terminal at the end is big enough.

It does not matter if your bolted join touches the engine of course but to stop it rattling and being annoying i'd put some insulation tape on it and try securing it if needed with cable ties.

Regards. Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links