Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towing capacity of Estima 2.4

ChrisBourne

Hey there - I'm investigating the towing capacity of my Estima Aeras 2.4 petrol. On Parkers guide, the equivalent Previa is only 1600 Kg, which seems rather low. When you consider something like a Suburu Forester with only a 2 litre engine can tow upto 2000 kg. Does anyone have the accurate towing capcitty and legal limit? Cheers

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club. Moved to the Estima forum.

An unclear area I think...as the usual weight information stuff doesn't usually appear on the VIN plate with these imports....but I would have thought that 1600 kgs was about right..and safe, for the vehicle.

The Previa is basically the same vehicle after all.

Looking at the Japanese export certificate for my Estima it gives the weight as 2080 kg.the advice for safe towing is 85 per cent of the cars weight so 1600kg would be a safe margin to tow.

• 11 months later...

dont do it. I've just bought a caravan. 1248kg laden. Estima wont pull it. Struggles and the gearbox gets red hot. 170bhp with only 150lb/ft torque. Rubbish. Esti now up for sale. 

3 minutes ago, GillyH said:

dont do it. I've just bought a caravan. 1248kg laden. Estima wont pull it. Struggles and the gearbox gets red hot. 170bhp with only 150lb/ft torque. Rubbish. Esti now up for sale. 

The topic is one year old, so a bit late to warn.

• 10 months later...

My 3.5 V6 AWD Estima hardly notices my 1500 kg caravan. Tested the 2.4 L first and realised it didn't have the power and that was just me with nothing on the back!

• 8 months later...
26 minutes ago, Lesley Uzoma said:

can a Toyota Estima tow a Caravan?

Perhaps. Would be helpful to know whether the Estima in question is petrol or hybrid, what size engine, and what year. 

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Perhaps. Would be helpful to know whether the Estima in question is petrol or hybrid, what size engine, and what year. 

..and what weight are you wanting to pull..?..suggest you get the 3 or 3.5 litre for best pulling power,.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links