Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Under sealing.

TJE

My Rav4 1994 3 door has some slight surface rust underneath. Is it worth the expense of having it steam cleaned and under sealed and which is best? Any recommended companies? 

Hi, Tetroseal do a good underseal, in aerosols too but I wouldn't have it steam cleaned first as it might not 100% dry out.

Personally I would just wire brush the bad bits and spray it all over underneath masking off certain area's. Halfords are likely to sell it.

Regards, Mike.

Halfords just seem to stock Hammerite/Waxoyl. Tetroseal is available from Amazon.

Thanks. Having it put on a lift at the local garage to see how it all is.

Toyota dealers or at least mine does do a really reasonably priced think it was £69 schutz or other product undersealing service it was the cheapest place I could find anyway,to save some messy hassle, you can pay thousands for rustproofing!!, but as has been mentioned surface prep is v important so it isn't counterproductive but in a hot spell mite b worth it, depending on how much your car is worth/to you, a localised diy method of just the area s that actually need doing would prolly be more effective, at least first, that's what I did.

i think I did find another place mite have been in n out auto centres that also did quite a cheap additional compromise of a rust proofing service

HTH

Thanks for the info. I will mask the local main dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links